Author Topic: Sad, sad day at our house (long)  (Read 2898 times)

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Sad, sad day at our house (long)
« on: June 20, 2007, 06:02:42 am »
 :'(  This board has been so supportive, and I don't even want to post this, because it's bad news...
This morning I let the dogs out to do their 'business', started getting ready for work, and then went out to feed them on the patio a short while later.  Annie was napping (as usual) Grace was a bit agitated, and there was no sign of Timber, our 1 y.o. husky boy.  There was a place in the fence where two boards were loose, and I found that he had Houdini'd out.  He had never gotten out before, and had never left the yard of the people we rehomed him from.  I was running late for work, (I'm the boss on Wed., so I have to be there to open up.) so I brought the 'girls' in, and left.  Told my daughter what was happening, and she went for a walk looking for him.  Nothing.  I called my husband at work, called AC.  My daughter called me this afternoon, in tears:  Animal Control had found Timber.  He had gotten out of our yard because there was a stray black Lab in the neighbor's yard attacking her Shih Tzu this AM.  Neighbor called the police.  Timber had joined in the attack, and the little paw was killed.  Mike (husb) had to go to the shelter and identify our dog and sign a euthanasia order.  AC said that if he didn't, we would be criminally liable if Timber ever left our yard again, he'd be classified as a dangerous dog, although he did not initiate the attack, he participated, and would have to be muzzled if we took him anywhere.  Also, he'd have to be kept contained in a cement barrier in our yard, and on and on...
We made him part of our family in April.  He was learning to be a good dog, and now this. 
I am so sad for our elderly neighbor who lost her little companion. I don't know how to approach her about her loss. I am upset that we have lost (another) husky.  I just don't even know what to say to you all.  I'm so very sorry.  :'(
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Re: Sad, sad day at our house (long)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:07:59 am »
(((hugs)))  I m so sorry
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:22:59 am »
I'm so sorry about your loss and your neighbour's loss.  :'(
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:24:03 am »
Oh no, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how sad you are to lose Timber and how sad you are for your neighbour's loss...I'm so very sorry  :'(

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you, your family and your neighbour ;)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:50:15 am »
Big hugs to you!  I'm so sorry for your loss. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:54:26 am »
that is so sad, i feel for your family and your neighbor. know were here for you
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:07:46 pm »
That is so sad for you, your family and your neighbors..
It will difficult. Sending prayers..stay strong..
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:12:07 pm »
How horrible for you, your family and your neighbor. I am so sorry y'all are having to go through this. Sending tons of positive energy and hugs your way!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 11:19:54 pm »
I am very sorry to hear this horrible news  :'(
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 05:09:33 am »
I am so sorry to hear what has happened. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts.