Author Topic: Gingko and Radar!  (Read 8889 times)

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Gingko and Radar!
« on: July 17, 2005, 05:50:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

Looks like I am FINALLY going to be able to pick up Radar, our new grey, on Saturday!

As some of you know, he was diagnosed with a cancerous growth but when they cut him open, they found that it was just some fatty lumps under the skin. Since then, poor Radar has split his stitches three times! Poor fella has had a bucket on his head for a month and we haven't even been able to meet him yet  :(

Well, it looks like he is on the mend and we're booked in to pick him up on Saturday (provided he and Gingko get along okay!)

Since I last wrote, Gingko has challenged me and bitten me (no blood but gave me a shock) and I've had to do some 'tough love' on him. He is no longer allowed to sleep on the couch and he has to wait for his dinner until I say etc. He seems happier now that he knows his place and we have been having lots of smooches and have had no conflict at all since then.

I just can't wait to pick Radar up!

Imogen

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Gingko and Radar!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 07:33:22 pm »
And here they are!

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 01:41:26 pm »
Glad you got him!!
What a beautiful pair they are!!

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 04:44:37 pm »
He,he! I'm bouncing up and down with excitement!

I haven't got Radar yet (the black boy) but with all things going smoothly... it will HOPEFULLY be this Saturday! Yay!

Poor Gingko had a vet visit last night to get a couple of things checked out. Nails clipped, ointment for a rash near his eye and antibiotics for his dew claw which he tore off the other day. The darned vet snipped the infected quick RIGHT OFF and made my poor boy sore and bllod come out... I nearly hit her but I GUESS she knows what she is doing. God I hope so. It didn't seem nessiccary to me though!

Ouch.

I just hope it makes him better in the long run.

Pity my bank balance doesn't look better for the visit though $144AU... my partner nearly passed out.

Imogen

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 04:50:15 pm »
Okay, should have read this post before I asked you to post pics in another hehe. He is adorable and I hope it works out between the two boys.

And the vet bills yeeeeaaaaahhhh hhh they are horrible, I KNOW I pay at least one vets retirement with all my vet visits

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 05:15:34 pm »
I know!

Chris commented on the very snazzy car parked outside the surgery... I now know it belonged to the vet and I think I paid for it! :D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 09:21:36 pm »
He,he! I'm bouncing up and down with excitement!

I haven't got Radar yet (the black boy) but with all things going smoothly... it will HOPEFULLY be this Saturday! Yay!

Poor Gingko had a vet visit last night to get a couple of things checked out. Nails clipped, ointment for a rash near his eye and antibiotics for his dew claw which he tore off the other day. The darned vet snipped the infected quick RIGHT OFF and made my poor boy sore and bllod come out... I nearly hit her but I GUESS she knows what she is doing. God I hope so. It didn't seem nessiccary to me though!

Ouch.

I just hope it makes him better in the long run.

Pity my bank balance doesn't look better for the visit though $144AU... my partner nearly passed out.

Imogen
I'm glad your new boy will finally be coming home!!!...I have a different situation but I know how it feels to have a fur baby that lives in your every thought & your heart but not in your home yet!!!!!...As far as vets go, just like human dr.'s...QUESTION ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T SET RIGHT WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...They may have the fancy degree but WE know our fur babies best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 06:53:09 pm »
Yay, congrats!
Madison will be so jealous, the only buddies she has leave when they find new homes!  :( (My dear dear Father won't let her have a permanent one)
I hope they get along wonderfully and are a handful!  ;)

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 08:29:53 pm »
I'm sure they WILL be a handful. I think they'll get along well because greys usually do... and for what the foster mum says, he sounds like Gingko's twin (hopefully not and EVIL twin!)

Gingko is getting better after his shok at the vets and he even let me put some betadine on his sore toe without much fuss. I'm thinking that because he didn't mind the tissue with the betadine on it... maybe I should incorporate a light toenail sandpapering into his daily grooming. Rather than buying a file and making a big issue out of the process.

Only three more sleeps to go! Yay!

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 07:28:20 pm »
 ;) Hi Imogen,

I am so glad that you findly got Radar home with you, Chris and Gingko. I think they are going to be great friends. Now it is offical you have to be at the GAP Christmas party in November. Jessica and Oz want to meet both of them. Jessica and Oz got to meet Junior who is staying with Winsome on Saturday. He is a handsome lad, and Oz is not too much shorter than he is. Junior is 5 years old and Oz only 8 months. We also got to meet Sarah and her new greyt Stephie who is just beautiful and Wendy's new whippet rescue Sarah. Sarah is so cute her brindle patches match Angies black patches, they make a cute pair. I got home from the Pets at Home meet and greet and saw I did not get a picture of little Sarah. I feel so bad that you are so far away you don't get to meet as many of the greyts that I have been able to meet. Henry (Susan S.) 5 year old is so sweet as was the female Charlie (8 black greyt) that Jessica and Oz had a run with in Melton.

I hope the adjustment with Radar and Gingko goes well. They look so sweet together.

Toni, Stephen, Jessica and Oz
P.S. here is a picture of Oz and Junior from Saturday
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 07:36:48 pm »
Glad Radar made home....very cute pics.
Timmie

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 07:59:36 pm »
Hi,

Yeah, he is finally here and I'm suffering the effects of new-grey-no-sleep syndrome! I've been sleeping lightly to hear how he is going in the night... not to mention the velcro dog syndrome has well and truely set in.

They seem rather happy together and I haven't had a phonecall from Chris in a mad panic today... so I guess its all good at home.

He is very gradually settling in... but I can't wait for the really comfy-pup stage! :D

I'm bummed out that we can't meet everyone too. I'll have to see if I can make it to the chrissy party... but I don't know where we'd stay!

Imogen