Author Topic: depression  (Read 8034 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: depression
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 07:46:33 am »
It's been 2 years since I had to put down Barrett (Rottie/Shepherd) and Cassie (Lab/Dalmation).  I still think about both of them and miss them both.  You don't ever have to feel alone for grieving for a loved one.  For me my pets are my family.  The people who don't get that are missing something far more than we are in their lives.  Big hugs to you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 08:32:40 am »
Thanks again...I also have tishas collar and bandanna on my bed. They still smell like her. She had a "sweet smell" kind of like alfalfa hay. I use to love putting my face on her head/neck and smelling it. :(
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 08:43:19 am »
I found a rescue in Ohio just after getting Morgayne...A few of the "girls" there caught my eye...but I had no intention of adopting back when I first saw their site. I offered to volunteer if they need me. If you go to their site
(http://www.ohiodanerescue.com/danes/1danelist.htm),
 the girls I was drawn to are "Hope", and especially "Sandy" look at those feet. she brings a smile to my face. The only thing they have as a requirement that I don't have, is a fenced area right off the house...we live in the country, and I have a fenced area, but not attached to the house.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 09:29:46 am »
wow, it is beyond me how people can give up or 'loose' these beautifull pets. i realy dont understand. if any of my 3 were to slip out of the yard i would be frantic untill they were safe back home. i would definatly say that you found yourself a great rescue. I want to take hope home with me. plz keep us updated :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 10:23:55 am »
I can see what you like about the Black Danes. I read the rescue website. I Love the Story about the Wise Black Dane talking to The Black Pup. It makes me wanna get a Black Dane too. I asked my Husband what he thought about us getting a Dane from the rescue in Ohio. He thinks I am crazy, But i am really Serious. That Story has Really touched me. Crazy enough we just happen to be going there in a Few Weeks. Hopefully I will have enough time to talk him into it.
Thankyou for Posting that Site!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 10:44:16 am »
I also know this type of loss too well.  No one can or should tell you when you should be done grieving.  It's been over a year now since we lost Halley and I know now that I'll never really be over it.  We just reorganized some cabinets and one was "Halley's Cabinet" where her collar & tags, ashes, etc. are kept.  My husband did it and he said that it was really "hard".  This is the same guy that held my hand and stayed strong while we had her put to sleep and then came home and put her things away so that I wouldn't have to.  A year later it hit him like a ton of bricks.  After all of this time, I still can't type things like this without tears, so please don't let anyone tell you that can't "still" be mourning a beloved family member.  Most of the time I'm ok now, but I know that I'll never stop missing her.  It does get better though because I think that we just come to terms with the fact that we'll always miss them, not that we ever really stop.  Does that make sense?  

We hadn't rescued a dog since our oldest son was born (we did before, though) so after losing Halley it just seemed right somehow to adopt from a rescue.  It took us nearly a year to start looking and now in our case I wish that we'd adopted sooner.  Cassie & Sammy don't take Halley's place, just like Halley didn't take Cara or Sally's places, but they've added so much love and happiness to our lives and now our home doesn't feel empty anymore.  Daisy is so much happier now too, so for us adopting rescue dogs has been a huge success.  I'm so sorry that you are going through this, please let us know if we can help.  ((hugs))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees