Author Topic: NDR - I Need to Vent - Sorry It's REALLY Long...  (Read 9615 times)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - I Need to Vent - Sorry It's REALLY Long...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 05:16:48 am »
Kelly, you realy are doing every thing right. keep your chin up ;D i am so excited for you! my son is 3 months old so i still have all the hospital memories fresh in mind. you're going to be on cloud 9 when you look in to those little baby eyes and they look back ;D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline TooManyPets

• Gnawer
  • Our pal Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 04:24:50 am »
Hi Kelly,
My sister and I went through something similar 3 years ago with our mother. We got her an apartment in a new senior citizens complex and she really did not want to move.  She was living in a 2 story duplex and the stairs were too much for her and the rent was too much but she wanted to stay in familiar surroundings.  We had to do all the work, packing, going through 50 years worth of mostly junk she and my father (passed away in 95) had accumulated.  She couldn't or wouldn't do anything.  It was very difficult but she has settled in.  She complains a lot but when she thought she might have to move out last year because of income limits she was very upset. That didn't happen fortunately and although she would never admit it I think she likes living there.  My sister lives 10 minutes away and she has a 5 year old daughter (my kids are grown).  Being so close my mother gets to spend time with her grandaughter and they love each other.  If she had stayed where she was (60 miles away) she would have missed this opportunity.  She lived near me when my daughters were growing up and they spent a lot of time with her too, so she has been able to be close to all her grandchildren and watch them grow.  I think it's wonderful for kids to be close to their grandparents and I hope things work out for you and your mother. :)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 10:16:38 am »
Kelly,

I thing you are an awesome daughter and I should be so blessed when my children are older!!

I have to agree with your hubby and it is time to take care of yourself and your newly growing family.  I have been doing a lot of reading of posts but not much writing lately but I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you ALL the best with your labor I wish for an easy labor and a healthy and happy baby for you and your husband!!

I was in the same boat with the doctor kept saying over and over big baby...look at the size of that head etc. and I was a week late!!  Well my son was 8 pounds 9 ounces and was a c-section but that didn't have anything to do with his size.

He is now 15 and still pretty big 5'10 and 150 pounds I just got back from spending an evening out with him; just he and I - I love that we went bathing suit shopping for him and out for dinner - enjoy your baby because before you know it you are out to dinner discussing colleges and how soon he can learn to drive  :'(

Anyway just wanted to wish you the best

Randy & harley

k2campbell

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 12:31:26 pm »
I want to put this whole "dilemma" (let's call it) to rest, as tomorrow is my due date! ;D Should baby not arrive then I will be at my doctor's Tuesday (hopefully) finding out that I will be induced later this week!  :)

I just wanted to take a minute to write down a big "THANK YOU" to everyone for all of your advice, stories and most of all SUPPORT  ;) Thanks so much EVERYONE, you ALL helped me make it through a few rough days last week, and I will forever appreciate that! :-*

Kelly

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 09:26:38 pm »
LOL...the best advise I got when having  my first child was "Don't be a hero...take the drugs" Good luck, and positive thought sent to ya for an easy fast delivery!
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 12:10:02 am »
yes kisses for the little peanut!!and if it should end up being a c-cection it's not a bad thing, and it goes much quicker. that happened to me with my first. good luck! may he have a tiny head and big lungs!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown