Author Topic: NDR - What is going on lately???  (Read 2127 times)

k2campbell

NDR - What is going on lately???
« on: June 21, 2007, 04:28:24 am »
Sorry to be bombarding the forum with my "issues" these past two days, but what is going on?! ??? ??? ???

My doctor put me on bed rest near the end of April, due to high blood pressure, so I was told to take short term disability until the baby is born, then file for maternity leave from there. I filed for short term disability right away. I've been contacting my employers' insurance company once a week since, as I haven't gotten paid yet (not that I'll be getting a lot, but it's better than nothing)! ::)

So today I got a letter in the mail that they've requested info from my family doctor 3 different times now, and he hasn't responded. One thing about my doctor is he's really great - he is very personable and is just an overall awesome doctor. So I called his office and asked the receptionist about the letters, she said "Oh ya, we've gotten them and keep putting them on his desk. We'll let him know you called"... I said if he needs anything from me, to just let me know  :) She was very nice and apologetic.

I'm hopeful I'll get paid (at some point), but what's up with that? I know he's extremely busy, but come on! He's getting paid for filling out insurance forms and such - why wouldn't he just get the info onto them so I can get paid? GEESH!!! ::) ::) ::)

Oh well, at the end of the day the most important thing is a healthy, strong, happy baby - but this is getting ridiculous!!! I'm going to laugh, it's either that or cry :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:37:19 am by k2campbell »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - What is going on lately???
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 04:45:22 am »
You're not bombarding us!  You must feel like you're being deluged and at the worst possible time, too.   :-\  

I think that you did the best possible thing by calling your Dr's office and putting a human face to what probably seems like endless paperwork to your Dr.  Maybe now that he has a message that lets him know that his delay in responding to your insurance carrier is taking money out of your family funds, he'll get it moving faster.  I ran into something similar with my Dr during maternity leave, too.  I just think that Dr's aren't particularly good at keeping the paperwork moving, too.  Hang in there!   :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:31:38 am »
it usualy feels better to laugh than cry, even if it does come out sounding a bit psychotic because you are at your wits end. you are having to deal with it all at once! im sure your doc. will get the info in the mail now that you've called in though. insurance has always been a pain for us, so what you are talking about sounds like the norm for our household:P i hope that you have no more road blocks on the road to relaxation this week. just hang on it'll all fall into place just like it should :) and if they do ignore you.... well we all know there's nothing worse than a confrontation with a mad pregnant woman  ;D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 08:16:44 am »
Try and meditate or something..
you've got hormones raging like a volcano waiting to rip (aahh memories).. and it always seems like everything happens just to mess up your day..ten billion things on your mind and now just one more...
it will work out! But absolutely keep calling that Drs office as suggested..
the squeaky wheel gets the oil..
I was hormonal for practically 12 years straight..its amazing I have a husband or any friends left.. ;D
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 11:53:20 am »
Thanks everyone for your advice on this  ;) Hopefully my doctor will get the ball rolling now on his end!

Tina, thanks for the "expert" tips too, always helps to hear what happens from someone who's been in that situation! ;) Appreciate it :)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:52:27 pm »
I'd call constantly too.  This is not a new situation and I can promise you he and probably his nurse knows exactly what the insurance company is asking for and it's probably just a matter of copying something out of your file, or downloading a specific paper from the insurance company, and having the doctor sign it!  But I guess it does depend on how his office is ran.  I use to work in an office that if the doc knew he was going to need to do something for the insurance he'd have me call, ask them to fax whatever specific form may be needed (cause you know it's always something) and get it done asap, or it would sit on his desk until someone drove him (me) crazy!!  It can still end up being time consuming though.  So, like you said, focus on baby and HURRY UP!!!!!!!  no pressure
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix