Author Topic: I have to share this- NDR  (Read 5248 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Re: I have to share this- NDR
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 09:29:30 pm »
Well no reaction from them yet, sheesh! I got a notification that the card was opened (I sent the pic in an ecard saying 'we think you missed something in the video' :D I got the notification last night but then no word from them! I was expecting a phone call at least. Gosh, who'd have thought breaking the news would be so difficult!! Hubby told me maybe they are playing dumb. They are supposed to be down here next week, but I didn't want to wait to tell them in person (and chance any negative comments), and if we hear nothing this time to just leave it. I said why on earth would they play dumb about this??! What is the point? His response was 'well they ARE my parents' Umm.. isn't that the truth. ::) :-\ But I don't think that would be nice at all, and I'm pretty sure it would tick me off. Not what they want to do, especially when I'm so hormonal. :o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:30:29 pm by mama2many »

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 09:37:11 pm »
If they really play dumb just tell your husband to call them and tell them. Um, it's your parents...you tell them, LOL
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 11:24:02 pm »
Thanks guys I hope so too. I just know they've made sarcastic comments in the past when I was pg with #3 (my 3rd and his 2nd). I think they kinda feel like a boy and a girl was perfect and why would we have anymore- they only had a boy and a girl and were done.

Anyway I've heard the comments from my mom too so I'm not in any mood to hear anymore, people need to mind their business!

Jen~ I hope your dad straightens out soon too.. it's not fun when your family isn't supportive at such a special time. I've had to say 'screw it' too many times where family is concerned over various things, but once in awhile it would be nice to just have it work out the way it should.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 04:22:46 am »
Family... ::)  ::)  Sometimes they really do make me wonder.  I really hope that they just haven't replied yet due to something that's keeping them busy and not due to some negative feeling on their part.  It's amazing to me how many people think that it's odd for a family to have more than 2 kids (and that it's any business of their's in the first place???  ::))  When we were expecting our third son we had a few people say "Hey, have ya figured out what's causing it yet?" or other bizarre, crass remarks.  It was offensive, but I learned to "consider the source" as they say.  Also, it's amazing how much you can say back with just facial expressions (don't ask how I know).  LMAO   ;D 

I agree with Stella.  If you can, let your husband handle his family.  Hopefully, he'll say something that will have them saying nothing but positives by the time that they arrive.  My FIL told my DH after the birth of our 3rd child "Finally, you chose a normal name".  Good thing my husband handled that call!  My FIL would've needed skin grafts if I'd been on that line, I wasn't taking any prisoners about then.  LOL  ;D  ;)  Hang in there, you are a wonderful Mom and everyone should be thrilled to have a new little miracle in the family.   :-*
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:49:49 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 08:38:03 am »
Thanks! I have had him handle them before on different occasions, he takes quite a shove to do it but now he's used to me telling him he has to. Well it turns out his mom called him this afternoon and congratulated us..she emailed me later too. She had watched the video but w/out the sound as it wasn't working on her laptop at the time so she didn't think much of it, but that she'd watch it later. She didn't end up really seeing it until late last night and before she got the card. His dad on the other hand, watched the video twice and missed it both times lol.

So, just an honest mistake. His mom sounds happy, said she's glad it's me rather than her, :P, and just mad at hubby for waiting so long to tell them ha. So, at least I'm glad it's out in the open now and hopefully I won't get any comments on the visit down here next week. I could care less what people think, family or not but it's nice when they keep their comments to themselves ya know.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 08:41:09 am »
Family... ::)  ::)  Sometimes they really do make me wonder.  I really hope that they just haven't replied yet due to something that's keeping them busy and not due to some negative feeling on their part.  It's amazing to me how many people think that it's odd for a family to have more than 2 kids (and that it's any business of their's in the first place???  ::))  When we were expecting our third son we had a few people say "Hey, have ya figured out what's causing it yet?" or other bizarre, crass remarks.  It was offensive, but I learned to "consider the source" as they say.  Also, it's amazing how much you can say back with just facial expressions (don't ask how I know).  LMAO   ;D 

I agree with Stella.  If you can, let your husband handle his family.  Hopefully, he'll say something that will have them saying nothing but positives by the time that they arrive.  My FIL told my DH after the birth of our 3rd child "Finally, you chose a normal name".  Good thing my husband handled that call!  My FIL would've needed skin grafts if I'd been on that line, I wasn't taking any prisoners about then.  LOL  ;D  ;)  Hang in there, you are a wonderful Mom and everyone should be thrilled to have a new little miracle in the family.   :-*

I can't believe he said that about the name. UGH! I know when I was choosing names for our second baby, she made comments to him over the phone about the names we were thinking of..or I was, I've named both kids. That is the worst! This time we have a name chosen (if it's a boy) that only my mom and sister know about. I've decided to wait to tell everyone else this time. That way I don't have to hear anything about it. I really hope I don't lose all memories of what it's like to have a baby and be a parent by the time I reach grandparent staus.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 10:05:28 am »
WE are very happi for you!!!  Happi, happi, happi, happi, happi.........
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 10:44:54 am »
Thanks! I have had him handle them before on different occasions, he takes quite a shove to do it but now he's used to me telling him he has to. Well it turns out his mom called him this afternoon and congratulated us..she emailed me later too. She had watched the video but w/out the sound as it wasn't working on her laptop at the time so she didn't think much of it, but that she'd watch it later. She didn't end up really seeing it until late last night and before she got the card. His dad on the other hand, watched the video twice and missed it both times lol.

So, just an honest mistake. His mom sounds happy, said she's glad it's me rather than her, :P, and just mad at hubby for waiting so long to tell them ha. So, at least I'm glad it's out in the open now and hopefully I won't get any comments on the visit down here next week. I could care less what people think, family or not but it's nice when they keep their comments to themselves ya know.

Yay!  Great news!  ;D  This will make their visit next week much more fun.  Yep, I know exactly what you mean about people keeping negative comments to themselves. 

The thing with my FIL was almost funny.  We named our oldest two kids Irish names that are very popular now days and my FIL is Irish so why the problem?  Our youngest we gave a classic Biblical name, so I guess that finally passed muster.   ::)  Fortunately my hubby didn't tell me about the comment for a while and I've never mentioned it to my FIL.  I prefered to just let the subject drop.  ;D

Sounds like a good plan to keep the new baby's name quiet for now.  They can look forward to the surprise.   ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 10:46:51 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees