Author Topic: Rottweiler Fights with Coyote - MA  (Read 16915 times)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Rottweiler Fights with Coyote - MA
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:51 pm »
http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2007/05/15/news/news05.txt

MY  good  friend lives in MA  and  her black  lab was attacked  in the middle of the day in her  back  yard thank go d  her  dog is ok  This is so sad i hope the owner of the dog feels awful
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Nicole

Re: Rottweiler Fights with Coyote - MA
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 11:29:02 pm »
Hmmm...its unfortunate that his dog was tied out and unable to get away from the coyote.

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 11:29:57 pm »
That is awful about both dogs. They are quit abundant around here too. I hate to let the dogs out after dark anymore. We live on the edge of the city now. Dennis even saw 2 wolves about 3 months ago about 3 blocks from our house at 3 am.

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 11:31:57 pm »
Wow! What a sad story, Poor Rottweiler was unable to defend herself tied to a rope, Even more sad that the owner was aware there were coyotes in the area, and still tied her up.

I hear Coyotes all the time were I live. I am always outside with my Children, and the Pup because you just never Know.

Sad story, Thanks for sharing it, because it may make more people aware of some of the Dangers that come with tying Dogs up.

Shell
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:38:01 pm by Saint Butterfly »

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 11:36:33 pm »
its awfull. The poor  dog would have had a chance if it wasnt tied up.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 05:39:21 am »
i cant believe he ran back inside to stay safe!
isnt it the adults in a family who are to protect and keep safe the other members..or do i not know what im talking about. i cant believe he ran away when his dog needed help.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 05:41:02 am »
i bet that dog would've given her life for her owner. but when she needed help.....THAT MAKES ME REALY MAD!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 06:09:37 am »
Hopefully I'm not offending anyone here, but I really don't understand what the point is of having a dog of you're going to make the poor thing live outside. It's not for protection, all tied up like that. If I had a dog for protection, I'd want him or her in my house. Even if I had a vicious outside protection dog, I wouldn't use a tie down - what kind of protection do you get from that? That guy should be ashamed of himself. If he went out there with a knife, he should have cut his poor dog loose and brought her inside and helped her. What a loser. He should be tied outside for a night or two and see what it feels like.

Ok, sorry for the rant. Had to get it out.  ;)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 08:05:46 am »
Well this one was another one for stupid pet owners. Thank God Zoey wasnt tied up when she had the encounter with the wild pig. Our neighbors tie up thier dogs, and last year during the drought a coyote picked up the smallest one and tried to take off with it- when it got to the end of the chain the coyote had to drop the dog. It was a rat terrier. The dog was in pretty rough shape and reattached to that stupid chain within 3 days of the incident. Stupid, stupid people.
My Pyrenees job is to keep the coyotes off of my property- and they do a great job, but they all sleep in the house every nite.
The neighbors know that I dont have much to say to them- I have an issue with dogs on chains. I would love to see Texas pass the law like California did about dogs on chains.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 08:22:41 am »
Well this one was another one for stupid pet owners. Thank God Zoey wasnt tied up when she had the encounter with the wild pig. Our neighbors tie up thier dogs, and last year during the drought a coyote picked up the smallest one and tried to take off with it- when it got to the end of the chain the coyote had to drop the dog. It was a rat terrier. The dog was in pretty rough shape and reattached to that stupid chain within 3 days of the incident. Stupid, stupid people.
My Pyrenees job is to keep the coyotes off of my property- and they do a great job, but they all sleep in the house every nite.
The neighbors know that I dont have much to say to them- I have an issue with dogs on chains. I would love to see Texas pass the law like California did about dogs on chains.

I agree with you  I  do not agree with  dogs on  chains i  really think that is  cruel  and  evil.  zeus  Is only  on a leach  when  we are going for awalk and in public  he  has  free range  during the day .. After I reading this story this morrning zeus  will now  be spending  every night in the house. NOt once  has it  even  crossed my mind to have him  tied outside I cant  belive some ppl.. Plus  did this  guy livein  town or in  country and if  so  why  was the dog tied??? Arggg. 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

angelsmama

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 08:50:50 am »
thats horrible :( my baby is in a large pen, no worries of anything getting to her.

i cant imagine going through that

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 09:01:57 am »
When  Sheldon made  zeus  dog house  we have it made  so we  can make the door  bigger when  he grows but  He made it  so if  Zeus has  to get  away  from something only  he can  really  fit in the door also sence  we are in the country  zeus is  ahrdly left home alone if I cant take  him with me sheldon will come  get  him
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 09:02:30 am »
What a moron! UGH people make me so mad! >:( Poor girl, she probably gave it everything she had being tied up like that :'(

We live on the outskirts of town here, we hear coyotes howling almost every night but we're far enough in that I don't think they'd atempt our yard (or our fence).

Friends of ours (who truly do live on the outskirts of town, there's farm land right off their backyard) walked into their backyard last winter to find a cougar (mountain lion) sleeping on their hot tub cover (cause it was warm)!  Talk about turning around and running back into the house for fear of your life! :o No one was hurt, thank goodness. The "kitty" was caught by the wildlife refuge and relocated...

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 09:07:13 am »
What a moron! UGH people make me so mad! >:( Poor girl, she probably gave it everything she had being tied up like that :'(

We live on the outskirts of town here, we hear coyotes howling almost every night but we're far enough in that I don't think they'd atempt our yard (or our fence).

Friends of ours (who truly do live on the outskirts of town, there's farm land right off their backyard) walked into their backyard last winter to find a cougar (mountain lion) sleeping on their hot tub cover (cause it was warm)!  Talk about turning around and running back into the house for fear of your life! :o No one was hurt, thank goodness. The "kitty" was caught by the wildlife refuge and relocated...

When I was growing u p  we lived close by  a river  we had  3 wolves  show up one day in are yard and a cougar  my mom  totaly  freaked  she ran outside to  find are black lab  but  couldnt  THe poor thing seen them  coming and fid under are house.  Thank  god wear I live here all we get is foxes and  some  coyotes here and there but they  never  come to the house.
When I had my  husky she was attacked I Sure the he** didnt  sit in side and  watch  she ran after the thing  cuz I walked outside . I ran in  Quickly  Grabbed are riffel and  shoot  it up in the air a couple time  the coyote went  flying outta  here and sence then no porblem   and if  there is  I  got  my  trusty  gun  in  my lock  cabnet in the  porch lol  ;D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:13:29 am by Jacksmom »
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 09:11:05 am »

ya i know they've relocated several of them into nebraska. so now were having sightings around here too. i almost had a heart attack when i saw a deer on the front lawn (i'd just seen windigo) i cant even imagine running into a cat that size. who ran away first, your friends or the cat?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog