Author Topic: Puppies!!!  (Read 4342 times)

List

Puppies!!!
« on: June 24, 2007, 02:10:21 am »
Hello,

I haven't been on in a while. And boy things have changed. Last time I was on, we were about to get a Newfoundland puppy. But, due to some major craziness we weren't able to get our puppy :( We're still on the waiting list for the next litter. But this will most likely be over a year away. I felt so completely disappointed! We were so looking forward to getting a puppy.

But my fiance and I decided that we can't wait a whole year to get a puppy, so we started going to every rescue and shelter around. On petfinder we finally found what we were looking for. On July 21st, we'll be bringing our first puppy home. At this point we don't know which pupper will be ours. There were 12 pups in the litter. I have my  eye on Skunky! (http://www.vaxxine.com/rebel/) The pups are now in their foster homes and we will be meeting them next week sometime. We're too excited. The pups are weim crosses (either with lab or rottie).

So even though we didn't get our newf now, we're now rescuing a  pup, and we'll be getting a newf pup next year ! :) 

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Puppies!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:22:20 am »
oh they are too cute. make extra sure to post pictures of your skunky in his new home next week! im excited for you have tons of fun!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 05:27:10 am »
They are so cute! I can almost smell the puppy breath!! I like Alien and Tiny, too. Good luck - can't wait to hear all about the new addition.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

List

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:29:43 am »
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! The rescue just contacted me. It looks like  "Skunky" is for sure going to be our puppy!! We're going to meet him at his foster home this week :) We have already picked out the name "Boston"! Apparently most of the adopters wanted females (and the small puppies of the litter), so we were the only ones who showed specific interest in one of the boys. So we are for sure bringing Boston home on July 21st! *happy dance* ;D

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
oh horray!!! how exciting. ok get your camera ready and your camcorder ready! i realy think boston's mother is a beauty and im realy looking foreward to watching him grow! i bet he's a beauty! congrats!!!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown