Author Topic: What is wrong with people?  (Read 4966 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
What is wrong with people?
« on: June 24, 2007, 06:42:57 am »
Just a vent about all the bad stories that have been showing up everywhere about breeders starving and leaving their pups everywhere, people on CL moving and for some reason can't take their pets with them, and the most horrible story that I just read ever.  I'm attaching the website but I will warn you that it is despicable and heinous what has happened.  Plus I just read an urgent message off of Petfinder about a Rottie in a shelter in LA that came in starving and they will only release him to a rescue because they don't adopt out Rotties.  This is what stupid BSLs and breed bans come to.  Good animals suffering and being euthanized because no one will make people accountable for their actions.  Sorry I just had to vent.  This has all gotten to me today.  I need a mental health day.

http://www.zoiepuppy.com/
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: What is wrong with people?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 06:48:10 am »
I've been reading about this story in several emails today already.

As for the rottie in Louisiana. If anyone can take him, I am in Louisiana and have contacts with most south LA rescue organizations. I can help transport if someone can offer him a home. I would need to know the specific shelter or send me the link to the petfinder site where you found out about him.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 06:57:19 am »
Here is the Rottie's petfinder site.  

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8689434

If I knew for sure that he was good with male & female dogs and cats then I would offer to take him.  But I've already had one dog in here that was supposed to be good with cats and dogs and she was really good at going for their throats but not much else.  I just can't do that to the cats since I don't have a way to separate them.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 07:23:59 am »
I have no doubt that if anyone shot my dog infront of me I would be going to jail...I would have most certainly gone in and got my gun and shot him. I could never be an animal control officer because I would end up killing someone for cruelty etc. I cried today when we found a baby raccoon in our driveway that was almost dead. His left side was broken and torn beyond repair. we had to put him down. then I find out my neighbor was the one that shot him to begin with, last night. So this tiny little coon was laying in pain for 10+ hours...grrrr I hate people
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:41:42 am »
Stories like that just devastate me. I have several dogs in my home now they are here because of abuse. Silly me, thought that I would rescue them and rehome them- yea, right, I got attached, didnt work. Foster Failure here. I have neighbors who are stupid rednecks who think that it is fun to shoot dogs. I live in fear that one of my goofs will get out of the fence and be shot. I too would need bail money. The more I hear about abuse, the more I just get sick to my stomach. I have a personal belief in karma-I sure hope that I am right in that belief. I have considered obtaining a 501c3 and doing rescue work- I am just afraid that without some major help, I would get in over my head and then the animals would not benefit from my good intentions. I saw pics of the Rottie last week- lets hope someone who can will step up and take him in.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 07:51:11 am »
If you decide to get your 501c3 let me know and I'll help out as much as I can.  Even though I'm 4-5 hours away from you. 
I understand foster failure.  That's how I wound up with Shiner. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:57:12 am »
I have already spoke to my CPA about it- he will support me and help me in what ever way is possible- and I have enough land. Its a major decision, and not one with out forseeable heartbreaks. I am seriously trying to do the research. I am not sure if financially I could do it on my own though, thats the hard part. In the past 2 weeks I have spent a LOT of money on Zoey and I dont know if I could do that on a regular basis.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 08:04:58 am »
that just nerves me >:( can I go and shoot him? No animal deserves that.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 12:04:18 pm »
here to petition!
if this man is allowed freedom zoie's family will be in danger. there father is still gone. help them please
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/121207854
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

lorim2

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 08:24:06 pm »
Signed, sealed and delivered.

All I can hope is that this man will truely pay for his disgusting act.

Ditto!!

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 08:32:29 pm »

should be tarred,feathered and then shot the same way.. eye for an eye...
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 02:02:02 am »
signing  the petition now..  Can  I say  what a butthole I hope  some one  shoots him  the same amount of times what a you know what.

~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti