Author Topic: Newfs from Oz  (Read 6959 times)

Offline lotsanewfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Newfs from Oz
« on: March 29, 2005, 06:35:05 pm »
Hi everyone!
I've just joined the board, and am from Australia.  I have owned Newfs since 1986, and currently have four living with me, and two living with other people on Breeders Terms.  My dogs are -
"Myra" (Australian Champion Bouvet Myra) she is black with three white feet, and is nine and a half years old.
Cowan" (Australian Champion Paddlepaws Marksman) he is all black and is 7 this July.  Cowan is Myra's son.
"Spice" (Australian Champion Newfcastle Sweetn Spicey) she is black with a white chest and just turned 5.
"Lukas" (Australian Champion Paddlepaws Code Red) he is Brown with a small white chest and turned two last October.  Lukas is Spice's son.
"Jayd" (Paddlepaws Stealn Hearts) is all black and is Spice's daughter and Lukas' sister.  Jayd lives with a friend who also breeds Newfs.
"Indee" (Krystalcove In Deed) is black with a white stripe down his chest.  Indee is almost two and is Cowan's son.  Indee lives and is co-owned with his breeders.
We have had a lot of fun with our Newfs in the show ring over the years, with last year being an amazing one, some highlights -
2004 Victorian Newf Champ Show (biggest Oz Newf show for 2004) - We bred the Best Exhibit in Show winner - CH Paddlepaws Fire Power, a Landseer boy owned by The Hinton Family.
2004 Victorian Open Show - "Indee" won Best Exhibit in Show and "Jayd" was Runner Up in Show!  "Lukas" daughter won Baby Puppy in Show as well.

Our dogs are all famly pets as well as show dogs, and we love reading about other Newfs from around the world.

Megan
http://paddlepaws0.tripod.com/

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Newfs from Oz
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:39:23 pm »
I hope you post many pics here for all of us to enjoy. I did visit your site however and absolutely love your beautiful Newfs. You are lucky to have had these big loves in your life for so long.  :) Our boy is 2 1/2, all black and the absolute light of our life. We can't wait to get him a brother.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Jen

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:40:31 am »
Wow I was captivated by the Legend of the Newf.  Great web site please post pics on this site.

Offline loy_tracy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
hey, my name is Tracy and I have just rescued a 17 mth old Newf. Toilet training is proving a bit of a problem. He really likes my somns room as a toilet. Any suggestions would be good
Thanks