Author Topic: Tummy Trouble (NDR)  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Tummy Trouble (NDR)
« on: June 26, 2007, 02:49:16 am »
I was wondering if anyone had any home remedies for nausea. I'm on some horrid medication right now that upsets my stomach and was looking for and natural ways to tame the beast. I have two stomach coating meds to help, but they only do so much, which basically is nothing! lol I have five more weeks of this, so any suggestions would help, even if it's doing a head stand I'll try! Seriously! ;) :D
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tummy Trouble (NDR)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:34:58 am »
Real ginger cut up, boiled in water, strain to make ginger tea-really works. Soda crackers are supposed to be good too.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:38:04 am »
Ya know, this might sound yucky... especially when you're nauseous, but when I was in my "morning sickness" phases (which were actually 24-hour sickness stages) I tried everything and nothing worked until this nurse told me to try a hard boiled egg. Worked like a charm. It's this nice dense protein, yet fairly bland and unfancy so it sticks around and keeps things settled. It really worked for me when nothing else would. Hope you feel better soon.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:13:40 am »
Thanks everybody! I have a long drive for Remy's training of Friday and you guys are life savers! I might lay on the back seat with him! I love lemon ginger tea, I never thought to have some in the morning. I shall pack up a nice little anti-nausea kit! Thanks for the well wishes too, I'll keep you updated with what works. :)
Caitlin

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:12:16 am »
Try sea bands. I got some for Dan because he's sick from the car accident meds and he thinks they are helping... You can find them in the pharmacy near the motion sickness medicine.
RIP former BPO

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:21:02 pm »
Ugh, nausea is just awful.  I had food poisoning last week so I have some new things that we just tried.  Prilosec OTC was recommended by the pharmacist and it worked really fast (thank goodness), but I would check first w/your dr or pharmacist to make sure that won't have an adverse reaction with your other med.  Our old stand by's are Cola Syrup (available at the pharmacy, it's just concentrated cola flavoring and it really works), 7-UP or Crystal Geyser fruity sodas (grocery or health food stores).  Good luck, I'm really sorry that you're going through this. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:05 am »
Chamomile tea works great for me. Also ginger ale and saltine crackers. Good luck. Hope you feel better!

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:37:10 am »
My nausea kit is getting quite the collection, thank you!  ;) :D The ginger ale has been helping (I can't bare to drink tea in this heat, it feels like 44'C out)I've been laying on my side which really helps, as does eating dry rice krispies, I feel I can survive the 2hr drive now!  ;D
Caitlin