Author Topic: Rottweiler Fights with Coyote - MA  (Read 16905 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Rottweiler Fights with Coyote - MA
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 09:51:21 am »
Ok, city girl here - what the heck is a Windigo??
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 10:14:10 am »
Right on! What movie is that? Here I am thinking there's some new wildcat hybrid terrorizing neighborhoods and eating pets. Luckily, this is a relatively anonymous forum so I can freely admit this knowing I won't run into any of you at the grocery store and feel like a total moron!  ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Icerotti

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 10:17:25 am »
Luckily, this is a relatively anonymous forum so I can freely admit this knowing I won't run into any of you at the grocery store and feel like a total moron!  ;D

hahahaa thats what I love about this board too.....lol

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 11:23:22 am »
When I was in elem. school we lived in CA and there was a HORRIBLE drought.  It was so bad coyotes were even coming out during the day.  I remember seeing some in the grass/thicket (there was a huge field as far as the eye could see on one side of the neighborhood) that was across the street from out bus stop watching us kids.  One night my dad put our Weim outside for the last time before bed.  A few minutes later there was a racket from the trashcans, well out dog was dragging a coyote over the fence by the throat and two more were running back into the field.  Luckily our dog was fine, but I remember quite a few people lost theirs that year.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 11:34:32 am »
Ok, city girl here - what the heck is a Windigo??

hahah ... I have to chime in, because I seriously about peed myself when I saw someone else had watched that movie.

Wendigo is from Native American mythology ... its a cannibal spirit which can possess people.  In the movie its like this weirdo deer on steroids. 
im sorry you guys ive been sidetracked looking at the harlequin haven great dane rescue that zchic posted.
i was watching windigo.... oh whenever it came out. and the deer thing scared the bajezeez out of me. i have indian in me and i love the culture but i am such a wuss!...and im home alone right now ....
"MAXX!!!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

k2campbell

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 12:24:34 pm »
who ran away first, your friends or the cat?
My friends...the cat actually hardly even noticed them stepping outside...he didn't move off his "warm" spot...he was licking his paw actually. So they called 9-1-1 and they immediately sent the wildlife people out. They tranked him from over their fence and it was over! ;)

lorim2

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 08:34:40 pm »
who ran away first, your friends or the cat?
My friends...the cat actually hardly even noticed them stepping outside...he didn't move off his "warm" spot...he was licking his paw actually. So they called 9-1-1 and they immediately sent the wildlife people out. They tranked him from over their fence and it was over! ;)

I am glad no person or animal was hurt but I think that would be the coolest thing ever to see!  I have always been a big cat lover and I bet that was awesome to see!!