Author Topic: Ate a bird ewww.. Gross story  (Read 8378 times)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Ate a bird ewww.. Gross story
« on: June 27, 2007, 12:04:26 pm »
Well sheldon ended up  having to go cheack a job  he was working on and  when he came home i noticed he went to the shop  so  me and  zeus went over to see what was up .. yadda yadda yadda.  Well  I  was helping sheldon with  his gas tank in the back of the truck when i noticed  zeus  got s omething from under the truck and was eating it  so I went over to see thinking it was  poo or mud or something  NO  It was a bird I didnt  even have time to  grab it away  from  him he  gulped err down. I have afeeling we may  have a pup with an upset  tummy tonight.

Sheldon said on his way  down the road he thought  he  hit a bird but  didnt  seeit  fly  out  from the back  well the poor innocent thing Was stuck on the wheel  sorry its gross but  Zeus  must  have gottit  from there sence after he went and licked the wheel  Aaaaaaaaaaa  I  feel like  vomiting. *I think pup will be later*   What  was totaly  wrong is he sat there with this im  a good doggie look on his face well he licked his lips argggggg.. I feel so sorry  for the poor little bird I guess it  probley  had no pain sence the truck killed it first.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Ate a bird ewww.. Gross story
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:38:50 pm »
Awww, poor bird but you're right, I'm sure that the little thing died instantly and didn't suffer.

Dogs will eat just about anything! :P  ::)  At least you knew that it was quite fresh as far as meat goes.  Ewwwwww....  We really have to watch our crew during walks, you never know what they'll try to pick up.  ::)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:22:57 pm »
Yeah i was  quiet  disscuste dlats night about the whole ordeal. I felt so sick  lol.  Zeus was  fine all night  but this morrning  he has some  stinky  burps  so im just  going to watch him
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:30:55 pm »
Gross!! I hope it doesn't upset his tummy too much. I've been watching Remy like a Hawk for things like that, so he hasn't gotten into anything terrible, he just eats clumps of dirt. It's so weird, Remy is so "dog-like" compared to Copper, our Sheltie, she sort of looks at him and you can see her thinking, "why on earth would you eat that?"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:31:13 pm by Ice Blue »
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:57:50 pm »
Gross!! I hope it doesn't upset his tummy too much. I've been watching Remy like a Hawk for things like that, so he hasn't gotten into anything terrible, he just eats clumps of dirt. It's so weird, Remy is so "dog-like" compared to Copper, our Sheltie, she sort of looks at him and you can see her thinking, "why on earth would you eat that?"

Zeus  eats  mud alot..  And  he tries to eat rocks im allways digging them out of his mouth..
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 11:02:01 pm »
ewwwwww Yuck.....I hope his tummy feels ok today ;)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:42:40 am »
Yuck!!!!! How is the poor little guy today? Has he been sick yet? Lets hope he poops it out soon, or he'll have stinky burps for a long time.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:03:22 am »
Well he  seems  just  fine  HE was just  in  for awile and was running around  with the kids  he must have pooed it out  when i let him out to go  to the wash room.. He is  eatting his food and drinky lots  and the burping has stoped. So tahnk fully he  seems  right  back to normal 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 02:14:20 am »
Oh, that is so nasty! When I was in college, was renting a guest house from this mean old bat. She let me get a puppy, so I had a cute little GSD mix, Matea. One day, Matea snatched a bird right out of the air and chewed it all up into a bloody compact little ball with a little birdy foot sticking out. The mean old bat made me get rid of my dog and said she didn't want a "killer dog" on her property. The pup was not more than 6 months at the time!!!!! Still, it was gross. Not get rid of the dog gross, but totally gross nonetheless.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline *Linds*

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 02:23:01 am »
Yikes!! I hope he doesn't get sick from it!!

If it makes you feel better, Kina got a little rabbit the other day and tore it up like she does with her stuffed babies.  It made me so sick to my stomach to hear that (thank goodness I wasn't there to see it!!) I can't blame her since she was only using her doggy hunting instincts and she probably didn't think twice about treating it like she does her stuffed babies, but I looked at her in disgust for a few days.  She's always been so intrigued by rabbits, birds, and bugs and always tries to run after them.
Emi - 2 1/2 yr. old Beagle/Aussie Cattle Dog mix
Kina - 1 1/2 yr. old Chow Chow/Shepherd mix

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 06:02:38 am »
haha! a dogs instincts are pretty strong. last year one day i was letting max out to go potty and he saw a huge injured pigeon in our neighbors yard and he bounded over to it and picked it up right away. but after he did, i think it clicked that he had a moving thing in his mouth and he got realy nervous and didnt know what to do, he ended up spitting it out and running back to me. mighty hunter  ::)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 09:11:23 am »
I had a boston terrier when I was a kid that got hold of a squirrel.  I really doubted he actually caught it.  I think it was just the body left over from when my dad went squirrel hunting.  I just remember having to take it away from him so he wouldn't get sick. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline lokibud

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 01:03:47 am »
my old lab caught a possom once. lab got cut up pretty bad. she never messed with one again. did chase a bear once but thank god she never caught up to it. she was real bad about chasing wild animals while out on the trail. she got me a hunting ticket from a park ranger because she was chasing a deer while grouse hunting. ranger told me to get a shock caller for her but i just dont belevie in that. stupid ranger cost me 500 bucks and revoked my linces for a year. he knew darn well i wasint running deer he just wanted to write a ticket.