Author Topic: As cats and dogs will  (Read 6005 times)

lins_saving_grace

As cats and dogs will
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:11:35 pm »
Last night i went to a friend's house and i took pupper.  we left Grace inside so we could get some pics of her and her daughter without Grace barging in. ok tried to leave her inside.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem.  But Kim has a cat.  All of a sudden you hear this god awful crash and then see this gray smudge on the window in the back of the house.  Furball, the cat made an appearance.  He rammed into the window pane through the blinds after Grace found him.  He climbed the glass to get away from her and did a flip back into the living room.  Grace cornered him in the kitchen where I found them and Grace inching forward and the cat swatting at her every time He was hissing and growling in this pile of plastic grocery bags (you know the ones people save for some god awful reason).  I pulled pupper off the cat and took her outside.  Poor cat.
But as they say cats and dogs will fight like well cats and dogs.  Grace really did just want to play. 

lins_saving_grace

Re: As cats and dogs will
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:33:34 pm »
then on Wednesday night when I walked her and stopped to talk to Linda, a friend from way back who lives not too far from me now, she asked me if Grace liked cats and I said I didn't know.  As I was feeling the pull at the other end of the leash and I started my journey at light speed across their yard, Linda said "Cus my cat is right behind you".  10 minutes later, Brian, her husband, pulls in the driveway and tells her that the cat is down there on Division.  :) 

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:58:50 pm »
LOL   Cats and  dogs.. I some times think it is mostly the cats  faults lol MOSt time the puppiers  just want to play  with them haha
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 02:29:33 am »
I had this mental image of Grace taking off and you flying along behind her without your feet hitting the ground like in a cartoon.  That was too funny.  My cats don't run from the dogs.  Perhaps a kitty that won't run and would stand it's ground would help desensitize Grace to kitties.  That way you wouldn't be a human shaped balloon being drug along attached to her leash.  That makes me laugh.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 02:40:45 am »
I wish I could have seen that! Poor kitty, but must have been really really funny because as I'm sitting here I'm giggling and have a stupid grin on my face just thinking about it and envisioning the whole scene.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 04:16:27 am »
LOL!   The pics of the incidents would have been really blurry.  :) 
the things me and the dog get into. 
when i have mental images of our antics i hear cartoon noises...mostl y willey coyote noises.  and there's "DOH!". 

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 11:40:17 pm »
lol i can totaly imagine the cartoon noises along with the whole scene. hahaha
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 08:53:46 pm »
I think they just want to play too...  Sierra just wants to slobber them up.  The one cat lets her makes little squeaking noises - frighteningly similar to Sierra's toys!!!  The others try to defend themselves against this big lumbering puppy who still hasn't completely mastered how to not fall over her own big feet.  Well, what the cats don't realize, is Sierra sees that as an invite to play which scares them more and the cycle goes on and on until we rescue the cat from the dumb dog.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 10:51:50 pm »
Don't be nervous about it...If it helps, my Black Lab lets the outside cat share his dog house and let's the inside ones sleep on top of him...  The outside cat scared the daylights out of me.  I was near the entrance of the dog house and she came dashing out...the dog was out already and I assumed it was empty and I thought it was a skunk or something.  I screamed and fell on my butt!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer