Author Topic: Tranporting  (Read 1908 times)

bigdogs@5501

Tranporting
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:08:49 am »
Tomorrow I get to help transport some pups from a kill shelter to a rescue for the first time. I have volunteered the truck driving hubby in the past- but tomorrow- its all mine. The passenger list consists of 5 baby dalmations and a pit bull pup, actually the pit bull is probably closer to a year old now- but hey he is still a pup. I am thinking that this will be easier than fostering- not as high of a rate of my possibly being a failure and keeping them all.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Tranporting
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 11:06:01 am »
What a great way to help!  I do think that you're a bit "safer" transporting than fostering but you'll still have to work not to get too attached on the drive.  All that puppy cuteness, big eyes, floppy ears and freckles & spots, awwwwwww.  ;)  ;D  :-*  Seriously, I think it's wonderful that you are helping save their lives.  Great job!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tranporting
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 11:30:50 pm »
oooohh! that sounds like fun, by the way :-[ what would be so bad about keeping them all. :-[ LOL  i'd end up falling inlove with fosters too.  ::) have fun, may your trip be fast and uneventfull, and may no puppers have car sickness.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown