Author Topic: Cooper is still hanging n there  (Read 5083 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Cooper is still hanging n there
« on: July 07, 2007, 02:54:40 am »
Cooper had a bad day yesterday..... he ate breakfast and lunch but quit for no dinner or late meal (he was on 3/4 can for 4 feedings daily).  He was also having straining for his bm---so much so that he bled.  Dr B called back to tell us nothing but minimum water only and bring him in this morning.  (this Angel w/o wings Vet we are blessed to have caring for Coop was leaving on vacation this morning--he of course left later than expected).

The Lab Work was NORMAL...the Biopsy(s) were NORMAL...Coope r has lost 30 lbs in six weeks which is not normal.  On Monday morning he will have a colonoscopy  (OK u know medical terms are not my forte and never spelled correctly).  Simply NOT GOING TO THINK  A NEGATIVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS "TEST" THAT WILL HOPEFULLY TELL US WHAT IS CAUSING ALL THE PROBLEMS FOR OUR YOUNGEST FAMILY MEMBER/HANDSOME FLASHY FAWN BOY.  Good Thoughts, Good Energy and much
Prayer ONLY are wanted, needed and asked for Cooper for his next hurdle in the last siz weeks that have proven him to be a: Fighter Extraordinaire, Courageous, Brave, Trusting,
Co operative, Friendly, Happy, Well Adjusted, Calm, Loved much and our Hero (don't think there are many to have gone through what he has and still give it all he's got)

There is nothing else left to do and Dr B being a POSITIVE and caring man will not stop til we
find answers that are going to help Coop come back to the healthy and hearty boy he was six weeks ago.  The good news is Coop's will to live is HIGH, His support team Loves him and he knows it, His ATTITUDE is Fantastic and if any dog can come through this it's Cooper!!!!  We are considering the other stuff necessary and closer to the cure.

Thank you ALL for being there for Coop and us all.  You'll never know how much your messages of  prayer, good thoughts, good energy and support have meant to us all (I read them all to Coop too).  You have blessed us and helped us through the most difficult period of our lives (just when we thought we'd licked Cancer and 7 years out, this happened to Coop and is harder because he can't tell us where he hurts or how he feels).  Cooper is in God's Hands, we are praying the outcome will be he's with us another 3/6/9 years.  Miracles do happen daily, we are hopeful Cooper will get his on Monday.

Will let you know when we know anything---results should be in a week.  Thank you again and God Bless us all and our country. 

Elaine, Cooper, Jean, Mark, Marisa & Sasha

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper is still hanging n there
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:48:35 am »
Wow, that's a lot of weight to lose in such a short time!!  I hope these tests tell what's going on.  Sending prayers to you!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:52:16 am »
praying for you and your family, hang in there.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 11:56:51 pm »
All positive thoughts/prayers coming your way. Your guy sounds like a fighter and a wonderful boy.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 09:47:14 am »
Keeping Cooper and your family in our prayers~!
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids