Author Topic: In Memory of Cooper  (Read 6257 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
In Memory of Cooper
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:00:10 am »
Cooper was a handsome flashy fawn boxer with personality plus.   He was the bravest, most courageous, strongest, most loving, affectionate, loyal, protective and fun loving male boxer we ever had.  Cooper was our "HERO".....Cooper was a "CHAMPION.....C ooper was loved
dearly and loved back with all he had....Cooper took some of our best parts with him---I don't
know if we'll ever be the same without him.

Jean and I were with him when he left for the Rainbow Bridge, it was as if he waited for Jean to get home (to take him back to Canasota for the colonoscopy) before he let go and Let God.
We held him, touched him, kissed him goodbye, so did Mark and Sasha (Marisa saw him before she left this morning).

Dr. Bookbinder was notified by his office and called us from his vacation.  He assured us Coop was not suffering---when he saw him on Sat Coop's nubby was wagging and he was his normal,
happy self.  Coop gave it everything he had---God had work for him to do that  just couldn't be done by any other flashy fawn boxer. The only thing Dr B thought was something bigger than we knew or could fight attacking Coop (intestinal cancer a possibility that may have showed up on the colonoscopy.)  Nothing else, not the biopsies, lab work, x-Rays that all came back normal.  Cooper and his family were blessed to have such a compassionate and loving Dr/and his staff there to care for Coop.  Dr Bookbinder gave us almost a month's extra time with Cooper that we wouldn't have had without his hard work and love.

Thank you for your good thoughts, good energy, prayers and the support you gave us when we were focused on Cooper and doing whatever it took to make him healthy again.  We sincerely appreciate your caring, kindness and love.  Cooper heard every message and knew how much everyone wished him to get well ----we read him every message and know he was really happy to have such wonderful friends all over the globe thinking of him and us.  God Bless you all.

Elaine, Jean, Mark and Marisa

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: In Memory of Cooper
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 06:05:26 am »
Aww..I was pulling for Cooper, I am sorry for your loss.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:49:14 am »
I am So Very Sorry for your loss...
Sleep well, sweet Cooper!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:48:39 am »
I am so sorry. I really have a hard time posting on these because it just tears me up anytime any of us lose one of our babies. My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. I am going to give Miss.Amelia a big hug and kiss tomorrow when I met her in memory of Cooper.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:39:15 pm »
Oh no, I was so hoping that things would work out for Cooper and his family!  :'(  Please pass on my sincere condolences.  Cooper was very blessed to have been so loved and to have had such wonderful care.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 08:37:40 pm »
awwwwww.... I am so, so sorry. Cooper sure did fight hard. My thoughts are with his loved ones.

RIP sweet boy.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 11:06:01 pm »
I saw this post and my heart dropped to my stomach!!  I'm so sorry.  I can just picture him running with all of ours who have left and his little nubby going a mile a minute!!  My thoughts are with you and the family.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix