Author Topic: Drool in the water.  (Read 26842 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Drool in the water.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 02:27:12 pm »
He just goes and lays down and watches me. He can't help it..lol.

LOL that is funny... I know Titan lies down and looks at me...but he is sooo Laughing at me inside... i see past that innocent "i can't help it' look.  This weekend we bought him a bib...it is the best thing in the world>... i think that all mastiff owners should go this route. I know that they are mostly for st's and newfies, but mastiffs benefit from it too....it catches the drool before it hits anything...the floor, your legs, shoulders, walls, feet...it protects everything...p lus, it helps when they do have the 10 inch slinger going on...just quickly grab with the towel and go...i will get a pic with him and the bib...it says "drool king" it fits him perfectly!

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 10:02:30 am »
Where do you you get a bib?  I sew....could I make one from old towels ya think?  It would be SUCH a life saver and down south where I live, we don't have a lot of pet options (even pet store is 40 mi away and at the cost of gas.....u understand,?)....hehe

A bib!  I have had 5 kids and I never thought!  I have tried bandanas.....n o good.  I'm a ding dong!
karma is kewl!

lorim2

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:08 am »
Wow that is a good idea!  I was just saying this weekend that I am about tired of walking past the water bowl and doing the big slip thing...or walking in there with just my socks and ewwwwwwwwww.

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 12:53:06 pm »
The bib is a godsend! It is just king sized...the top part of the bib (where you would tie on a baby) is elastic, and the bib part is towel...you want to make the bib so that it can cover the entire chest of your pup..that way when they drink water, the drool just falls on the bib!@!! way cool.i googled it and her is what they look like...titan's looks similar (but says drool king on it)  http://www.bigdogshop.co.uk/big_dog_shop_bibs.htm

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 03:53:47 pm »
that is cute!  I can so see my big meat head with a bib!  I have a fab pic (darn I wish I could upload pics!) of odin in an aussi hat-it would pair well with a bib! 
I keep hoping he slimes the cat but she only assaults him while he is asleep!  ;)
karma is kewl!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 04:54:05 pm »
That is so funny...titan does that to  the cat too... he seems to always wrap his wet drooly lips around the cat's head..lol...bu t the cat is far from innocent...tit an will be sleeping, and the  cat will go into "stelth" mode, and sneek up on titan, grab his muzzel and attack...lol. It is so funny to watch... see karma does happen!

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 04:39:22 am »
Titan gets cat assaulted too?  Is it not the funniest?  They HAVE to wait til said dog is asleep!  LOL!  My cat is declawed front and back so she is benign.  She is tiny and yet can run him off of every one of his pillows!  Cats!
karma is kewl!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 04:54:45 am »
I have movies of the cat assulting a little shar-pei puppy we have. I wish i knew how to download them, they are funny as all. In one movie the cat is attacking her, and then holds the dog down and licks her ear..it is priceless!!!

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 02:18:56 am »
UGH,  Gunner is only 9 weeks old (10 weeks on wed.) and I change his bowl often because of all the floaters I see after he drinks. I can only imagine how much worse it's going to get as he gets older. Kira(akita)has her own bowl of water and drinks frequently from it with no problems and I change it and wash it every evening.  yesterday Gunner drank from her bowl and when he was done she came behind him looked in the bowl sniffed and made a noise that I swear sounded like a sigh and went to the bathroom and drank out of the TOILET!!

Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak