Author Topic: Amelia  (Read 17446 times)

bigdogs@5501

Amelia
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:02:57 am »
So to all of you Saint owners, are they all this sweet? Geez she is a good girl. I can not believe that she was out by herself for any length of time, but you can tell by how skinny that she is- she was out for a while. I am going to have to shave her tummy- it is really matted. She had no problems with wanting to go for a ride and she barreled up the front steps like she knew that the A/C was just waiting for her arrival. My crew is not so sure about this newest visitor- but we are introducing everyone slowly. This are a few pics- I will take more- I have a little bit of a mess that my crew made today while I was at work, that I have to clean up.
Ok who has questions about her- Who is lining up to claim her. Do you want to leave her name as Amelia? If not, let me know- we will start getting her use to a new name. She is on an antibiotic spray, oral antibiotics and she is on prednisone that Heather and I discussed tapering down.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Amelia
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:11:00 am »
Thanks for posting the photos!  She looks so happy now! :)  She really is such a sweet girl! :)

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:24:31 am »
Well I still say she looks like a Brodie!  But of course I cant keep her....Thats a great idea though is someone is wanting her to go ahead and start calling her by the name!  She really is one of the sweetest dogs ever and I will remember our little trip for a long time!  Thanks Paige for taking her!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:26:21 am »
She is beautiful.  You guys are so great to get her out.  If you need anything let me know I'm just down here in Houston.  Paige, if she needs a longer foster home then she can come down here as long as she's okay with cats.  Let me know if I can help out at all.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:05:09 am »
She has the sweetest face. What a good girl.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:10:28 am »
Amelia is a beautiful name and she is a beautiful girl! I'm already calling her Amelia Bedelia and sending kisses for her nose!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

marypyrs

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 01:01:49 pm »
You Guys are Fantastic! And Rescue Angels in the truest sence of the word. WOW! Unbelievable! Talk about Power of The People = = = =

Amelia is a Doll! There's a voice in the back of my head that keeps saying "There is a book in the writing here." How about a title of Amazing Amelia. The Rescue of a Big Paw.

She's going to be sleeping well tonight.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 02:31:09 pm »
I think Amelia suits her.  She's so pretty!  I can only speak for Annie, but Yes, sweetness is a Saint!  Paige, I'm so glad you've taken her in to foster.  Thanks EVERYONE who had a part in her rescue!!  You are all so wonderful, it makes me cry (happy tears!)
Salli, Annie's mama!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 09:33:29 pm »
what sweethearts - Amelia AND you ladies!  :)

Thanks again for rescuing the big, beautiful girl - I just cant say it enough - y'all are so AWESOME!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 09:58:38 pm »
OMG she is beautiful, I am so jealous of the person that gets her! Any word on Ranger's mom taking her?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 10:12:54 pm »
OMG! She is adorable!!!!

I'm in love. Not sure about Heather taking her. We'll just have to wait and see. If we can get her to Indiana, she's welcome to be fostered here, too.

Oh, and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the name Amelia!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 11:01:13 pm »
She is adorable!  I bet she has so much love to give a new two-leg!

And YES...Saints are sweethearts!!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 11:18:51 pm »
She's absolutely gorgeous...I think the love bug just bit me.

I know there is crazy curiosity as to whether or not I'm going to take this sweet girl home.  I am giving it the utmost consideration and there are several things I'd need to do to make it happen...start ing with getting a bigger vehicle and that I am getting ready to take yet another new job, so I need to see what the final offer is going to be financially.  I want to make sure that if she comes to be with me, that it is forever.

I appreciate all the love, support (shout out to the foster moms), and advice as I consider taking Amelia into our home.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:27 pm »
wow she's skinnier than i realised! that wont last long! amelia's going to be spoiled by the end of the month! ;D ;D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 11:29:59 pm »
She's absolutely gorgeous...I think the love bug just bit me.

I know there is crazy curiosity as to whether or not I'm going to take this sweet girl home.  I am giving it the utmost consideration and there are several things I'd need to do to make it happen...start ing with getting a bigger vehicle and that I am getting ready to take yet another new job, so I need to see what the final offer is going to be financially.  I want to make sure that if she comes to be with me, that it is forever.

I appreciate all the love, support (shout out to the foster moms), and advice as I consider taking Amelia into our home.

OOOH HEATHER! You're so good! I'm excited to hear about the new job! Tell us about it!

I think you are DEFINITELY doing the right thing by taking your time to think about this.

And, I know I've said it a zillion times, but she is always welcome to stay with us while you do. (I don't know how long Paige is planning on keeping her, so just making the offer to ease the stress on everyone)