Author Topic: Amelia  (Read 17443 times)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Amelia
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 02:23:29 am »
Oh what would we do without Angels like you guys! I've always had a love for Saints. I think my kids would kill me if I brought in another big lovable dog.

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 03:46:26 am »
Aw, dang. My friend just called me back. She's already in NC and drove through OK and would have totally taken Amelia along! DANG!

Well, plan B?

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 08:17:23 am »
Amelia update: I am not as crazy or as cynical as the guy who found the dog on Craigs list- so here goes.
She stayed in my bathroom all day today, she did not destroy anything or have an accident. She is a bit scared of thunderstorms, it made her tremble this afternoon as the last one rolled thru. She is not so sure that she likes her feet wet, but will walk in the water if that is what is required. She likes to lay frog dog ( with her back feet behind her) on the kitchen floor, preferably in front of the stove or sink. She is not a stranger to being in the house. She understands that when you are cooking, she might get a treat. She has no clue what sit or down means, but will give you a slobbery kiss for your efforts in trying to explain. She does not choke down her food, in fact she is quiet dainty about eating and really doesnt like anyone to know that she is eating and really wont eat if you are watching her, unless of course it is said treat from the stove. She drools, a lot. She will shake her head to get rid of the drool and today I found a clump in my hair. Two thoughts came to mind, the scene in that movie with Cameron Diaz ( the Mary movie) and EEEEWWWWWW. I just thought that my crew drooled, nope, she has cornered the market on drool.Also she is use to having her face wiped with a towel. She is not at all dominant with the other dogs- in fact she is very nonchalant. Bella forgot she was here- came into the kitchen and started to go and challenge her- Amelia just laid there and sighed- Bella got reprimanded. No harm done other than hurt feelings.
Tuggles LOVES her and gives her kisses, she enjoys his attention. She is a very good dog- extremely sweet and not hyper. I am wondering if someone is really missing this dog??

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 09:12:46 am »
Thanks for the update!  It sounds like Amelia is really enjoying her time at your place.  I'm so glad!  She was such a sweetie with us--I can't stop thinking of her.  Please give her a kiss and some ear scratches from us! :-*

lorim2

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 09:30:35 am »
Awww...Me tooo I have been missing her today :(  My daughter is still mad at me for not keeping her......She is really a sweetheart and I agree with you about her belonging to someone.  With all the flooding in the past month and half I w0nder  if she is lost...of course if I had lost a beautiful baby like her, I would have a flyer in every shelter and vet and pet store throughout OK...Oh well, let me know if you need to me to do anything!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 08:12:08 pm »
You might want to check her ears and make sure they are clean.  The only time Teddy really shakes his head alot is when his ears are bothering him.  Just a thought.

She sounds like an absolute sweetheart - good thing she isn't in Canada.  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:15 pm »
I'm not sure if the shelter checked her for a microchip.  Perhaps the vet could check if Amelia goes in soon?  However, if she was simply lost, she's been lost for a while.  That would be so sad.  She is very skinny and had developed hot spots on her neck.  Her fur is very matted.  If someone is missing her, I hope we can find them.

However, it is pretty common here to turn unwanted animals loose.  It seems like this is probably what happened to Amelia.  She had been living in the woods with two boxers for at least a couple months.

Either way, at least she is safe and loved now.  Hopefully she will find a permanant home soon! :)

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 06:06:50 am »
However, it is pretty common here to turn unwanted animals loose.  It seems like this is probably what happened to Amelia. She had been living in the woods with two boxers for at least a couple months.
Vent Warning!!
What is wrong with some people?!?  How can they just dump a dog that has been part of their family?  Annie was dumped, too.  She was found near the freeway in Southern California.  She had to have surgery to remove damaged vocal chords from a collar that was way too tight.  Plus, she had never been spayed.  (She's 6-8 years old)  I think she was used as a puppy machine, then dumped when she could no longer produce.   
Did the boxers get rescued, also?
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 06:29:37 am »
They did!  One had already been adopted and the other was going to a foster home in Kansas.  Yay!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 06:50:01 pm »
Just wanted to throw something out to everyone- We are wondering if Amelia could be a flood dog. I have one lady that lost a Saint in the floods- I also have 4 pages of Vets that  are in the Bartlesville area who may have treated this dog over the past 3 years. That is a phone project that I have not started yet. This dog, other than fending for herself- shows no signs of abuse. I have dogs who were abused- she is not any thing like Anne in that regard.I am waiting for the one lady to get me some pics- there are a lot of details that I will share later on that. I can promise everyone that Amelia is now a BPO baby. She is safe and really quiet the Love Bug. She is happy and she is not going to be put in any situation other than one that will make her realize the princess that she really is, the big goal right now is to get her to put on weight and to be so skinny- she is a picky eater- I will be cooking for her today since she prefers human food over dog food.

lorim2

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 08:09:06 pm »
Paige...I am home all day today...If you need me to make phone calls let me know. I spent most of yesterday searching TX and OK for ppl with lost Saints...So I am yours to do whatever you need me to....Just let me know...

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:00 pm »
I am working from home and can also help with this.  Just let me know what needs to be done.

lorim2

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 08:22:32 pm »
Oh ya....Has she been checked for a chip yet?  Let me know..I could take her by Docs again and have them check

Nicole

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
I think that's great that you guys are looking for her owners.

But, I just want to throw out that just because she doesn't appear to have been abused, doesn't mean anyone is looking for her. Mabel is the most LOVING WONDERFUL MELLOW SMART RESPONSIVE..ha hha, the list goes on...dog that I've met. But, yet she sat in the shelter for a month.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I think that its so rare that a dog is out there with its owner looking desperately for it. You know what I mean? If one of my dogs were gone, I'd walk the streets until I found them.

lorim2

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »
I think that's great that you guys are looking for her owners.

But, I just want to throw out that just because she doesn't appear to have been abused, doesn't mean anyone is looking for her. Mabel is the most LOVING WONDERFUL MELLOW SMART RESPONSIVE..ha hha, the list goes on...dog that I've met. But, yet she sat in the shelter for a month.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I think that its so rare that a dog is out there with its owner looking desperately for it. You know what I mean? If one of my dogs were gone, I'd walk the streets until I found them.

I do agree with that also...Paige and I have been talking about the very same thing..We were just thinking that maybe since all the flooding has been going on in Tx and OK, that maybe she was lost...I am calling right now to some vets and just checking to see if anyone is missing this baby...Honestl y though, I would just love to keep her myself!!