Author Topic: Afraid of water  (Read 13562 times)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Afraid of water
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 12:35:49 pm »
Just give him time he'll go in ;) You don't want to rush him and make him afraid.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 07:54:32 pm »
even water dogs can hate water i suppose. I don't push grace to like it...it's just not going to be her thing i guess.  :)  i have no need for her to be a water dog even so no big deal for me.  Zues, like Grace, will take it or leave it. 

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 11:42:33 pm »
Yeah i aint going to push him  at all if he dont  like  he dont. My husky was crazy  for  Lakes  and  Dugouts What really  sucked though is she would  go  swimming in the lagoon and then  go and jump  on you when she was all yukky.  IM sure  zeus will ike the lake we go to sence it is really  shallow  at the beach, maybe  he will like that. Im hopping to pic up  a kiddie pool  today
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 12:00:36 am »
I had to laugh last weekend. Strider and Merlin both like lakes, rivers, streams even puddles will do to play in. So I bought a kiddie pool for them in the backyard. You would have thought it was filled with battery acid. Neither one would go near it. A week later they will approach it, and ocaisionally get a drink but they will not even get their tootsies wet. Just when you think you have them figured out...
Stella
Lady and Grace did the toes in the water only at the beach last year.  that's it. 

Offline lokibud

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 09:07:32 pm »
loki was scared of the water till i did what every loving father did to their sons, threw him in the deep end. he hated me for about two days till i got the leash out and took him for another walk along the river. once again he didnt want to get in so i threw him in again this time without the leash and he swam back to the bank looked at me as if i peed in his food dish so i loved on him a sec grabed a stick and threw it in the water. once again he gave me the go to h*ll look so i jumped in the river and broght him his stick. after he relized that i wasint trying to hurt him but just wanting to play whit h him he discovered the joy of cold mountain water on a hot july day. i used the same method with my yellow lab and it worked hiw her as well.