Author Topic: Changing Vets... SOOOO fed up!  (Read 4891 times)

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Vets... SOOOO fed up!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 03:19:52 am »
holy cow, your previous vet sounds like the biggest turd.  happily it seems like this one is much better.  just having them care about your pets shouldn't be that hard.  now that your pupper is getting COMPETENT care hopefully she (and you)will feel better soon

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 10:37:46 am »
oh i have read everything i could. i just got back from my vet appointment. i was there for an hour and a half! he went over her nose to tail, and wanted to know EVERYTHING and went over her records with me... what shocked me was how WRONG her records were. they had wrong weights recorded, wrong dates... EVEN THE WRONG BIRTHDATE AND AGE! how absurd! how much can you really NOT CARE!! my new vet is awesome! he told me how bad he feels for her and he was going to do whatever it took to make her feel better and get her through this, and he told me he was going to call me tomorrow to check up on her. they helped me out to the car and everything, they were awesome! the other vet just stood around and watched me struggle to get my pup to the car, shes just under 40lbs! its not easy! no matter how strong you may be (and i am pretty strong) that pup is heavy and hard to get around when she cant help you at all! he gave me 2 perscriptions and told me when to use them and so on and so forth. i was just so happy with them already. i was actually talking to a woman in the waiting room with her dog who used to take her dog to the vet i was at before, and we even had the same vet there.. she said she would never go back!

I missed your update earlier. I am sooo happy for you and your little girl that you seem to have found a caring good vet! gibe that sweet girl a hug for me. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:42 pm »
I'm so relieved that this new vet really seems to care and that Chloe is getting true medical care now.  There must be some way to file a complaint regarding the other vet, that is just unforgivable.  How could anyone (much less a vet) be so callous???!!!   >:(  :o  >:(  I'm so glad that she has a mom that's looking out for her.  Please give her some soft pets and snuggles for me.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 05:01:25 pm »
I am so glad you have a better vet for your baby. That is just horrible how they treated you and Chloe. We also pay extra for a better Vet. Yes we could take the boys to a cheap vet but we get cheap service too. I only use them for prescriptions. The rest we have a vet that works from her house. She works in the morning and the evenings so that people who work can get their pets seen. The cheap Vet was like we can't do anything for you... Here is another vet you can call or go to the emergency vet. The other vet number is an hour away and are so booked you can't get in! Joker would be dead by the time we would be able to get him treated. The emergency vet is a rip off and don't know much. They told us our GSD had hip displaysia(sp?). He didn't and we took him to the vet we use now... He had to be put down and we don't really know what was wrong. He didn't have any muscles/nerves left in his tail and it was almost gone in his back legs. I bet there are alot of bad vet stories out there.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08