Author Topic: Off leash in the house SO proud  (Read 9448 times)

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
Off leash in the house SO proud
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:27:27 am »
Well Sence  we got Zeus and he has  been  in the house when  ever he is out  of t he crate I  keep him on a leash  unless he is just laying nicely i Will atke it off. Well any way today  I  desided to  not  even  bother with the leash  and see how things went . HE has only ahd one Accident in the house and that was becuase he was so hyper  that  we got home  he ran in to the house and had a excited pee but  cutter  off when he noticed and ran outside and peed.  SO any way  HE did  great I Was scared  he wouldnt  listen  he  listens better out side  half the time.   BUt  he did  great.  Except the part that  he thinks hes a little paw and tried  to fit under the couch.

I have a question though no matter what  every time  zeus is on  any  kidna carpet  he  try's to eat I  always say  no and give him his chew  toys but  he just  goes to a different  part and  try's to eat it. Is this just a puppy thing. I thought maybe there was  crumbs so I vacumned and did the pet  deorizer for  carpets but  he always is trying to eat  it!

OH I also attached a pic of him being  my  sweeper lol The kids  went nutz with there cereal  this morrning and he cleaned it all up.. EVer  notice your  kitchen  floor is cleaner when there is a pup in the house.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Off leash in the house SO proud
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 03:46:38 am »
way to go zeus. How very exciting. Now you can have indoor fun with him too. Tripper was eating my carpets too, so I took them up. They were just area carpets. I tried the no and gave him a toy but for some reason he kept going back to the carpet. If you find a solution, let me know.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 04:37:17 am »
way to go zeus. How very exciting. Now you can have indoor fun with him too. Tripper was eating my carpets too, so I took them up. They were just area carpets. I tried the no and gave him a toy but for some reason he kept going back to the carpet. If you find a solution, let me know.

LOL  if i find a solution ill  surely share.  I  wish it  was  just are area rugs but its are living  room  carpet lol at  first i  just thought it was  maybe something  squeshed into it  from the kiddos but  Theres not a thing there.. and the  funny  part its  just the carpet upstairs all the  other  carpets are unchewable and biteable I guess lol .

Oh crap. We have another carpet eating dog. Chammie would be so proud. ;)

Britz, sounds like Zeussy has wormed his way into being a house dog now. Congrats! He's such a good boy...because he has such a good mom!

HEHE  Yep another  carpet eater lol.
LOL   Hes  pretty good in the house. Seems like  he goes bonkers though  I was trying to get him  go  outside sence i knew  he would have to go  soon and he wont  wine to go out I went and  opened the door and called him he desided  HE had to do  two laps around the house then out the door. SIlly  boy.  The kids are crazy when he is in. During the day   if its not to hot  he is  usualy  outside he loves it  sence are house is allways so warm and lots times its nicer outside lol. Every  evening though he is no matter  what. Its funny If  we are watching a movie and I   let  him out  to go potty and forget and  10:30  rolls around he will sitthere and cry  by the door lol HE  will cry to come in but not to go out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:43:46 am by Britz »
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 06:31:26 am »
Too cute. Great job Zeus!!!
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:25:51 am »
HEHE thanks.  Zeus is a stink I  feel  terrible  for him when we are not home and it  starts to  rain I think he thinks that  he will  melt  if the rain  touches him we seriously have to drag him out to go potty if it is raining,  Even ifits just  spittting  lol 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 07:46:11 am »
awww Zeus you are such a good boy. Oh boy the carpet thing...ugh if Rosie gets locked in a room and can't get out she chews carpet at the door. We found out he hard way...we had sold our house and it was closing in 5 days and she chewed the carprt...ugh. So make sure you stay on top of the carpet thing.....lol ;)  ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:46 am »
it's a puppy thing.  Grace went through a carpet eating phase.  bonk him on the head when he does it if you have to.

Bud GOOD BOY for not peeing in the house.  the excited thing...well you're bound to slip once.  when i get too excited i sometimes make a little spot on the carpet too.  :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:40:53 am »
Yea Zeus!  Such a good boy!  I haven't had a problem with any of mine eating the carpet.  It could also be because I don't have any carpet left in my house.  Kaila was notorious for eating the phone cords and Shiner will eat anything if you aren't paying attention. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:53:30 am »
it's a puppy thing.  Grace went through a carpet eating phase.  bonk him on the head when he does it if you have to.

Bud GOOD BOY for not peeing in the house.  the excited thing...well you're bound to slip once.  when i get too excited i sometimes make a little spot on the carpet too.  :)

HAHA  Yeah It may come down to the boink on the head if it keeps  happening. I havent  had a pup yet that  did this s o I was  not sure what in the world he was  trying to do when he desided to try and eat the carpet lol

Yea Zeus! Such a good boy! I haven't had a problem with any of mine eating the carpet. It could also be because I don't have any carpet left in my house. Kaila was notorious for eating the phone cords and Shiner will eat anything if you aren't paying attention.

LOL   I wish we didnt have carpet   we dont have any  downstairs on are main  flour  but the whole  upstairs but the kitchen and  bathroom is  carpeted.
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:09 am »
those pics are so cute! congrats on the successfull off leash venture! as far as the carpet goes....mine still nibble on it too.....i dunno what to tell ya....
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline lokibud

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 09:44:33 pm »
if you sprinkle a little bit of hot pepper seasoning on the carpet he might stop. i had to use hot pepper oil to get loki to stop chewing on the alarm clock cord. do you know how hard it is to tell your supervisor you were late because your dog ate the alarm clock? and im in the military so it was twice as hard for me. oh dont forget that you can still vacum up the seasoning but be mindful of others in the house. your dogs nose is much strongers than ours so it wont take much to burn his nose and i asure you that it wont hurt him.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 09:58:39 pm »
if you sprinkle a little bit of hot pepper seasoning on the carpet he might stop. i had to use hot pepper oil to get loki to stop chewing on the alarm clock cord. do you know how hard it is to tell your supervisor you were late because your dog ate the alarm clock? and im in the military so it was twice as hard for me. oh dont forget that you can still vacum up the seasoning but be mindful of others in the house. your dogs nose is much strongers than ours so it wont take much to burn his nose and i asure you that it wont hurt him.

Thats a great Idea.. I will haveto try that  if it  doesnt stop.  I have  lil ones so I woudl  be a little woried of them  getting  some on there hands and then there eyes..

LOL about  the alarm  clock Im sure  no one  believed ya Its like  abck in school "  Umm me  dog ate my homework" One time  my  Cat actually did  eat my homework  just  shredded it  to  piece's lol 
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti

Offline lokibud

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 07:16:59 pm »
my wife is in the military too so it was pretty embarssing for the both of us but we just had to laugh and buy a new clock. we have been through about six alarm clock sence we brought loki home almost seven months ago. if its not him chewing on it, it's him knocking it of the table with his tail. i swear rotts can distroy anything they want. i opened my door this morning to let loki in after his morning meal and all i could see in my yard was trash. dumb me left the trash in the yard because pick up isint till monday and loki decided to turn my yard into a landfill. i came home from work oneday and he had a car tire in his mouth. where he got it from i have no idea but he had gnawed it up pretty good. ( i live in europe and cars are extremly smaller) i cant wait for him to stop cutting teeth so he dosent have to chew on everything.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 11:12:04 pm »
my wife is in the military too so it was pretty embarssing for the both of us but we just had to laugh and buy a new clock. we have been through about six alarm clock sence we brought loki home almost seven months ago. if its not him chewing on it, it's him knocking it of the table with his tail. i swear rotts can distroy anything they want. i opened my door this morning to let loki in after his morning meal and all i could see in my yard was trash. dumb me left the trash in the yard because pick up isint till monday and loki decided to turn my yard into a landfill. i came home from work oneday and he had a car tire in his mouth. where he got it from i have no idea but he had gnawed it up pretty good. ( i live in europe and cars are extremly smaller) i cant wait for him to stop cutting teeth so he dosent have to chew on everything.

LOL  Im  not looking forward to the  cutting teeth it will be  coming  soon  for us though.  Zeus has d one the  same thing with  garbage lolmy  tard looks  horible HE also  got a hold of a ol foamy I was throwing out and  ripped it to shredds. Im still cleaning it  up outside.  YOu will  have to Post  pics of loki I wana  see another  Rotti with a tail lol I havent seen  any  pics of Rottis with tails well except my own
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti