Author Topic: Chloes back to the vet at 4AM!  (Read 5808 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Chloes back to the vet at 4AM!
« on: July 24, 2007, 04:41:27 am »
This morning i woke up and had the feeling something was wrong with Chloe... since she sleeps in our bed i didnt have to get up to check on her (which is good with this condition, because i like to check on her a lot) i reached over and felt her stomach and it was on fire. sooo at 4:15am i get up out of bed and goooo get the thermometer (mind you Chloes FAVORITE thing to do!... actually shes not bad about it, she gets it checked twice a day and she never puts up and kind of fight)and her temp was a raging 106*F.. so i immediately gave her her meds and called the vet. by the time we got dressed and got to the vet it was about 1/2 hour and her temp when we got there had gone down to 104. (to much of my relief) they took a new x-ray for us and more blood work and blah blah blah... you guys know my drill with her already! they called me 4 times today to let me know what was going on. shes doing well and eating and drinking so they didnt have to put any IVs in her, which is great. visiting hours are from 9 to 10 tonight and the vet said we should come see her and decide if we want to take her home or not. he said right now all they are doing is supportive care, no IVs or anything so its ok for her to go home, but we can leave her if we dont feel comfortable taking her home yet. but he told me if we do, all he wants me to do is call him first thing in the morning and let me know what her temp is and if shes eating and drinking or not.... i want my baby back!!!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Chloes back to the vet at 4AM!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:52:03 am »
I'm so sorry that you had to take Chloe to the vet this morning.  It's good that the meds are working.  I'm sending healing vibes your way and hope Chloe feels better soon. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:01:40 am »
 :-[ i was hoping for good news. this stinks, you guys shouldnt have to go through this.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:23:36 am »
Poor girl (((hugs))). Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:45:24 am »
Awwwwwww Nooooooooo! Poor Chloe...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 05:55:54 am »
oh, nooo, i was really rooting for her to not have to go back to the vet so soon..good luck

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 06:10:33 am »
no dog should have to go through this! i wish she could feel better for more than a few days too... it seems like every time we get our hopes up they get crushed... she will probably come home tonight. what i didnt tell you guys is that when i took her in, i had to take her to a diff vet, the only one thats open around here 24/7. i didnt really want to, but i had no choice. the amazing thing that made my man and i feel soooooo much better is that the vet that was covering for my normal vet at my normal vet office, works at that vet on his off days from my normal vet! sooo i actually had the same vet i had for a week who knows her very well! i actually say she has 2 vets because her normal vet i love, and the vet that took care of her when mine was on vaca was awesome with her! i was so happy to have someone who knew her taking care of her! he called me a ton of times and told me how much they loved her there and at the other vet office too.. he told me that theres a vet tech who has 3 danes at home and has taken a very strong interest in her and attached herself right away. he said she loves her and had been taking the best care of her. AND he called me to see where i got my dane because he had just had another dane about a month younger than her (which is when her HOD started) that came in with HOD. he also told me mine is the worst case he has seen because she keeps relapsing so often...just my luck!!!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!