Author Topic: Update on SPOILD Chloe!  (Read 5642 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Update on SPOILD Chloe!
« on: July 22, 2007, 12:06:46 am »
my little girly is up and moving! shes motoring around finally! im so happy to see her walk. right now shes on meds and a special diet and its working woders for her. from not using her back legs though the muscles are weak and tight in them, soooo, 3 times a day she gets a massage and we do some full range of motion physical therapy. also she got her very own pool yesterday. we got her an 8ft round pool thats about 3ft deep filled with nice warm bath water. we are lucky enough to have hot and cold water hookups outside because of the horses. so shes got her nice warm pool that she will be swimming in every day as part of her therapy. we do this with our racehorses a lot (only in a much bigger pool lol) and its great for working the muscles and toning them without the pressure from running or anything. its a nice low resistance, relaxing workout.... for both of us! im just soooo happy with my new vet. hes been so much help and even though shes at home now they call every day! they always want to know exactly how she is and they tell me everything i can do to help her out. i have to get some pics of her up when shes in the pool. shes even got new little booties for in the pool so she doesnt tear the liner!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

lorim2

Re: Update on SPOILD Chloe!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 01:00:11 am »
I cant wait to see more pics of chloe.  She is so beautiful and looks like such a sweet baby.  I am so glad you have found a new vet...one you trust and can depend on.  Good luck and cant wait for the pics

chaosndestruction

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:15:33 am »
I'm glad to hear that Chloe is doing better! yay! The swimming should be very relaxing! Very good way to get her muscles back in shape!

and yay for not so sucky vets!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 06:23:46 am »
That is so great that she is doing so much better. The pool sounds like a wonderful therapy. I rally like your little girl...I always check for your posts. She looks like such a sweetie. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:52:53 am »
That is so great that she is doing so much better. The pool sounds like a wonderful therapy. I rally like your little girl...I always check for your posts. She looks like such a sweetie. :)

thanks so much, she really is such a great dog. i wouldnt trade anything for her, shes my little baby. i dont really want kids, so really my pets ARE my children. dont get me wrong, i love kids but, A. im too young for them right now, and B. i just dont think theyre for me. oh well. i love my  pup. i cant wait to have a bigger house though so i can adopt some rescues. i would now, but i just dont have the room!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 01:47:41 pm »
that's wonderfull! it's great that youve got these awesome vets that care now!! so chloe has booties for the pool huh....i bet she looks super cute in them ;) ;) im glad to hear the good news, hope it keeps coming!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 02:25:11 pm »
Oh, I'm so glad that Chloe is feeling better and I'm sure that the swimming is wonderful for her.  I'm having some health issues right now with joint & muscle pain/stiffness and I know that swimming makes me feel much better, so I'd bet that it makes Chloe feel more comfortable, as well as helping with her recovery.  She sounds like such a special little girl and she is blessed to be so loved.  Give her a kiss for me too, please.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees