Author Topic: I think Grace cares  (Read 4733 times)

lins_saving_grace

I think Grace cares
« on: July 24, 2007, 03:17:31 pm »
I found out this morning that Grace will not lunge at Emergency personnel.
I’m such a deep sleeper and I feel horrible about this.   
I leashed up Grace for the morning Do Do walk before her breakfast.  I opened the door to see in the corner of my yard by the fire hydrant that is surrounded by these pretty big rocks, a woman looming over a body and a sheriff’s deputy holding her hand and saying things to her to revive her I suppose.  Apparently, this woman was in a hurry to get to the mail box and slipped on the freshly laid asphalt at that corner and fell, hitting her head on the rocks.   I had my windows open and every thing and didn’t hear a thing. 
So, Grace, who usually lunges at anything within 20 feet of her in her yard, stood quietly and sat while the woman who discovered the unconscious woman on the rocks and the sheriff’s deputy talked to me and the woman and while the fire department and paramedic personnel started arriving. 
We crossed the parking lot to stay out of the way and parked our butts in the yard across from us.  A large and LOUD fire truck parked in front of us and the driver bolted out.   I thought for sure Grace would attack.  But no.  We stood still as if to sense the urgency.  Even while outside close to the woman who had fallen, Grace seemed to watch with a guilty gaze as if to say, “I’m a deep sleeper too, Lady.  Sorry I didn’t hear ya fall and hurt yourself.”
I think my pupper is turning into a good and caring girl.  :)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: I think Grace cares
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:03:18 pm »
It is amazing what they understand. I would love to actually know what goes on in those big ol' heads. Is the lady going to be OK?
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 04:21:45 pm »
awwww... I am proud of the big girl - way to go Grace! A dog's sense is truly amazing!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:00:15 pm »
Wow, that is too cool.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:06:50 pm »
The lady was up and awake.  the ambulance left without her.  she wasn't quite about herself and didn't know she was standing up or couldn't quite stand up, but there was no blood on the rocks and she would talk and move.  i'm assuming she's ok.  god knows how long she was there.  i feel so bad for not hearing her fall.

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:30:07 pm »
It is amazing what they can sense. Good girl Grace :-*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:20:58 pm »
:)  i thought for sure Grace was going for the fireman.  i worried a little.  they didn't seem to care or even step back.  i thought the Sheriff would automatically get all defensive about seeing a Rott and pull out hisgun or something.