Author Topic: Pyr's to be euthanized in Kentucky. Can anyone help??  (Read 36828 times)

Nicole

Re: Pyr's to be euthanized in Kentucky. Can anyone help??
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 04:41:51 pm »
Rebekah,
They aren't too far from you, actually. Glasgow is close to Nashville.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 07:23:58 pm »
Here some news on the Pups, I haven't heard anything from ther shelter that they are in yet but I have gotten some emails back from my email group and I haven done a search online to find some no kill shelters in Kentucky and found some. One of the people in my group said they'd be willing to help with the transport to another area, so there's hope. I'll see about getting the collie mix out of there too, his face broke my heart.. can't leave him there.  :'( But it's looking good.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 07:48:32 pm »
How about pulling Ranger as well, he's a collie/pyr cross and so very cute. Please pull Ranger as well if you are able to save the other two .

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 07:54:02 pm »
I just sent an email to All Gods Creatures Rescue & Grooming(AGCRG), asking them if they can take in Opal, Bernice, and Ranger ;D(i wouldn't leave him out) they are very near Glasgow, from the map I looked up. So cross your fingers

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 09:26:23 pm »
I just got some news from the shelter that the dogs are in and he said that they are on Borrowed time, they get 5 days and then they are adopted out or put down. So they are on borrowed time now. I told him that I have contacted some rescue groups and some people are will to help with transport all I need is to find a rescue to take them in. I asked him to please wait to give me time...( sorry this is very hard for me .. crying... feel very helpless.... Well hopefully they just wait and give me time to find them a no kill place....

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 06:01:03 am »
Hi Nina,   Please keep us updated. I will be making call today to see if I can find anyone in the area that will give them a home.  Did he give you an additional information on them. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005, 07:00:16 am »
I would be happy to pick them up and even foster them but I just don't have the money to get them out of jail right now!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2005, 07:09:21 am »
What is the fee they are asking, I sure we can all put something together.

Lisa

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2005, 07:12:58 am »
On the shelter's website it said that dog adoptions are *usually* $65.00.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2005, 07:22:11 am »
 I have emailed all the pyr rescue groups in all the surrounding states and the pyr list that I belong to people are willing to transport the dogs and one person is trying to find them a home. According to the website the adoption fees are $65 dollars per dog, I would be more than willing to help with some money, I would have some tomorrow as I get paid then. Please let me know if you can pick them up, someone on my Pyr list is in Kentucky and asking people that she knows if they are willing to adopt, they had a pyr before and it passed on because of old age...

thanks
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 07:46:56 am »
I am working at trying to pay the fees to get them "out of jail"..I have sent an email and left a message for the animal shelter to contact me as soon as possible.  I will keep the group posted once I hear a reply.  If the "out of jail" money will keep them safe until we can get them out of there, I can make transportation arrangements to meet someone part of the way and bring them back to Wisconsin; whatever it takes.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 08:55:18 am »
The makes me very proud to be a part of this group.  Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Lisa

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 09:32:06 am »
I am working at trying to pay the fees to get them "out of jail"..I have sent an email and left a message for the animal shelter to contact me as soon as possible.  I will keep the group posted once I hear a reply.  If the "out of jail" money will keep them safe until we can get them out of there, I can make transportation arrangements to meet someone part of the way and bring them back to Wisconsin; whatever it takes.
Where are you in WI?...I am close to Dubuque IA & could help with a leg of transportation but it would have to be on a weekend day as my only vehicle goes to work with my hubby in Dubuque Mon.-Fri....He's also working Sat. right now but is home earlier than the rest of the week.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 09:40:55 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 09:35:18 am »
How many of them are getting out of jail? I don't know how many pyrs will fit in my 4 door car! But then again, stuffing them into my car will probably make them happier than being in the pound! Whoever is the grand master of this plan let me know how I can help out. Best possible scenario sounds like if they could go to a pyr rescue group who has lots of experience with this breed, but I will sure help if I can!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 09:55:05 am »
So here's what is happening so far, there is 3 dogs that are in need of rescue, Beth has offered to help pay for the get out of Jail fee and I can help as well, it is $65 per dog, according to the website.  So we have 2 options

1) Beth can get them to a rescue shelter in wisconsin, I have emailed someone from my pyr list, she said she could possible help with trasnport but her car can only hold 2 dogs max.

2) we also have transport to denver but I haven't heard anything back from any shelters in that area.

If you can help with transport that would be great gyps. If you want to email me or Beth and let us know that would be great.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)