Author Topic: Explosions and Chaos  (Read 1275 times)

bigdogs@5501

Explosions and Chaos
« on: July 25, 2007, 04:21:52 am »
Well Dallas got a whole lot of both today, I think that they even earned a spot on the national news and CNN. A company that provides different gases and oxygen caught on fire and cylinders full of gas started exploding.The explosions were continuous for at least 30 minutes. Average range for a cetalyn (sp??) tank that is full and is set on fire? About 1/2 mile. My daughter works at the SPCA and one of the Dallas facilities is within the 1/2 mile radius, they too were the proud recipients of a tank that became airborn and took a trip to another location. They have a pic on thier website. SPCA Dallas googled, will get you there. All of the animals are safe and hopefully the facility will reopen in the morning. Luckily only 3 major injuries and no deaths. Quite impressive since there are several major freeways surrounding the site and tanks and debris were littering the freeways. Major, major damage, no deaths. I think that the freeways are still shut down, but hopefully will be reopened sometime this evening. So thankfully God was with the humans and the animals today and a lesson has been learned in how quick a emergency situation can arise.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Explosions and Chaos
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 04:29:19 am »
OMG, I hadn't even heard anything about this!  I'm going to go google the website now.  I'm glad that everyone is okay especially your daughter and the animals.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Explosions and Chaos
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 10:44:13 am »
I just read the news stories, too.  That must have been so scary for all of the people and animals in the area.  :o  I'm so glad that your daughter, her co-workers and all of the pets were ok.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees