Author Topic: "Death Kitty" Interesting article makes front page in newspaper  (Read 9310 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
this is strange, i think its really interesting... thought you guys might like to read it!

http://www.buffalonews.com/180/story/127296.html

(fixed the link ;))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:41:23 am by k9kooky »
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: "Death Kitty" Interesting article makes front page in newspaper
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:47:22 pm »
I thought that was interesting when I saw it on the news last night. I figure dogs sense seizures and stuff...so I think it is reasonable that this cat can sense when a person is going to die.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 05:01:37 pm »
It's actually a little spooky. That is one kitty I wouldn't want around me or my family.....I don't really need to know 4 hours before if I'm going to die or someone in my family is. Weird but very interesting.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:11:58 pm »
You know I never thought of it that way. Now I feel bad because what you say is true. That amimals do bring comfort. Please forgive me for assuming this kitty was the grim reaper.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:12:47 pm »
I find this kitty's final act of kindness to be comforting. Like Julie said, a lot of these people are not regularly visited, so to have the kitty there with them in their final hours I think is comforting. And for those with family, the kitty gives them a chance to be with their family member in their final moments. It is like the kitty is their guardian angel.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 07:00:22 pm »
I heard about this on the radio this morning.  I was still laying in bed, and my cat suddenly jumped up and laid down on my chest.  And his name is Oscar too!!!  Hubby was teasing me all morning, but it's been 4 hours and I'm still here!

I think it's a little spooky too, just because it's not something I understand, but I always believed that animals are sensitive to things like that.  On the radio it said most of the patients have demntia, so they probably don't know what it means when the cat jumps up.  they just know they have a warm furry thing in their lap.  The radio also said the staff has taken this as a sign to call a patient's family.  Maybe the kitty is an angel sent to make sure the family can spend the patient's last hours with them...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 07:01:24 pm »
Sorry if I repeated anything in the aarticle you provided, I didn't have time to actually read it...I'm at work.  LOL!  Darn BPO is gonna get me fired!  LOL
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 07:05:08 pm »
I guess the families appreciate the kitty. I guess it's something I would liek to know before someone I loved died. It would give me their last 4 hours with them. But it's still a littel spooky. I do get spooked easily by the way.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 06:02:46 am »
animal's senses are so amazing, when i hear about something like this i always wonder how out of touch has man kind realy gotten with our own instincts?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 12:17:48 am »
You know I never thought of it that way. Now I feel bad because what you say is true. That amimals do bring comfort. Please forgive me for assuming this kitty was the grim reaper.

Don't feel bad! I just saw it differently! I can totally see how it can be spooky, but I agree with Dahlie (Julie), good spooky!  :D
I see how it could be unsettling. imagine if you lived in the nursing home, and were laying on your bed knitting and the cat jumps up and lays beside you! supprise! ::)
'that was ment to add humor to the subject'who knows if Im ever funny or not ::)
I hope to be fortunate enough to still have dogs in my life if I out live hubby and live to a ripe old age :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown