Author Topic: Doberman Info Please  (Read 6773 times)

Offline melissajean

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Doberman Info Please
« on: September 03, 2007, 07:39:42 pm »
Hi,
My name is Melissa. Im interested in perhaps adding a doberman to my family. I have a few other breeds Im looking into also. But I do have some questions about Dobermans I was wondering if you dobe owners could answer for me?
1~How are they with children? I have a 4 year old son. I will never leave them unsupervised,andnever let Shane (My son) tease the dog in any way, but I would like a dog that will get along with him and play with him.
2~How are they with other critters?
3~How much exersize a day do they need as adults?
4~What aresome health problems Dobes can have? How do you prevent them,and/or how they are treated
5~What are some pros and cons?

Feel free to add anything else you think I should know that I didnt add. Feel free to brag or vent lol
Thank you :)
~Melissa~

Offline melissajean

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Doberman Info Please
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 09:01:19 pm »
Thank you for the info :)
What are some problems youve run into when dealing with your Dobie and your nephues? How did you handle them?
Thanks again :)
~Melissa~

Offline melissajean

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:23:37 am »
Ok thanks guys :)
Would a two mile walk be enough for a Dobe a day? We had a Doberman/Setter mix named Zoe, who did fine with that a day, but I dont know if she was as hyper as a Dobe.
What sort of exersize do you guys give your dogs? Just walks or doggie parks or.........?
Thanks again for helping me :)
~Melissa~

Offline melissajean

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:09:03 am »
Ok thank you:)
I wish we had a dog park, But we live in a small town.......Ver y small lol. Everybody around here just takes there dogs along the trails, or to the beach. I will be doing both lol,plus through the woods, and feilds and walking down town at nite.
Does your Dobe like swiming? Zoe loved swimming, but we think that was the setter or waht ever she was mixed with. She had somewhat webbed feet.
Thanks again

Offline melissajean

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:41:30 pm »
lol Thats cute, Uncodinated splashing lol Sounds like me. I like to wade, but I dont know how to actually swim. lol
Thanks again for the help :)
~Melissa~