Author Topic: The News.....  (Read 8327 times)

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
The News.....
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:01 pm »
Ok so I haven't been on in a few days because things have been crazy. The dane I had given the people money to get healthy again, well she unfortunately did not make it ( in my defense I had no idea she was really that bad off ) but she was comfortable and not in pain when she went in the middle of the night. They offered to give me my money back I told them it was not neccesary and to keep my phone number on hand for the next one that needed help.

I went home and was really sad and crying and stuff, and fifteen minuted later my Dr. calls and tells me I'm 3 months pregnant!! WoW !! We wanted more but I wasn't really thinking that I could be pregnant now, crazy how when life gets ya down it has a way of bringing you back up again.

So as of now my family will be growing as of late Jan or early Feb.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
Re: The News.....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »
Oh yeah I am thrilled to pieces, but here's the reactions from the rest of my family

Husband - " oh thank god now you'll quit bugging me" (LOL)

5yr old son - " you should send it back while you can it's gonna be meaner then sissy is, if it's another girl I'm moving in with grandma!!!"

2yr old daughter- " baby baby baby Yay Baby!!!!" ( she's too little to know as soon as the little one starts crying and waking her up she won't be so happy about it anymore.)

My dear mother - " oh god, did you mean for this to happen?"
where i reply that we had been planning on another one in fact and are very happy- she looks at me like I have lost my mind.lol.

Oh well - you can't make everybody happy and my son is starting school for the first time next week and my little independant daughter is getting so big I was bursting to have another one naturaly, but we are also in the process of adopting from someone we knew that could not care for her newborn properly and the little guy has been having health issues due to the moms lack of concern-  so we are gonna be up to our elbows in babies!!!

Wish me Luck - Im gonna need it.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »
I am due in late Jan or early Feb, but my last 2 pregancy's were both induced 3 weeks early - so who knows I may have a New Years Eve Baby.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 11:52:45 pm »
Congratulation s on your new baby to be born!!! How exciting!!!
Now, are you really going to stop bugging your hubby? 

"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 03:12:41 am »
Am I understanding correctly?  You're in the process of adopting a new born and now SURPRISE? You will have 4 children under the age of 6? (I am now making the sign of the cross over my computer screen) You are a very very brave woman.

Now I understand your mothers response- My baby is 20 - so no more for us, but congratulation s!!

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 04:23:35 am »
Sorry to hear about the dear dane.

Congrats on both your new babies. ;) Your sons response made me laugh too. ;D

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:39:17 am »
 wow that is a supprising twist! wasnt expecting to hear that! congrats on the upcomming baby! i think it's great that you were able to pay for her to be on pain meds. that was realy good of you, even though it wasnt how we wanted it to turn out.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 07:47:03 am »
WOOHOO!!!!!  Congrats!!  That is so cool.  AND you're adopting, good for you.  I am sorry about the Dane, but she was in good hands and left peacefully.  God does work in mysterious ways and doesn't give us more than we can handle!  You're going to need to remember that in the days/months to come!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 03:40:23 pm »
Thank you all for all your congratulation s, the adoption should be final in just a few weeks at most, and yeah I know it's gonna be rough but I am ready for it. I never had BIG "I wanna be a dr when i grow up"type of aspirations, however I knew I wanted to be a mommy and as soon as my first was born I was done for I wanted nothing more outta life then to be a good mom and have a "good sized" family.

And to be honest I can see myself having at least one more( but I wanna be responsible about things so I will wait and see financially how we are doing in the next 2 years before deciding on more.)

And yes- my son is still not on "speaking terms" with me at this point.LoL
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 03:59:55 pm »
Congrats! My friend has 4 kids, each just under 2 years apart...I don't know how you all do it. :) I have 2 and they make me nuts somedays. LOLI guess having a zoo full of animals is like having extra kiddos though. :)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline DoDadsandDanes

• Ankle Biter
  • every time a bell rings, an angels gets its wings
    • View Profile
    • MySpace.com/dodadsandchotskiestuff
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 05:52:44 pm »
Ive been a bad girl and havent been posting lately, but I have popped in and tried to catch up on things Ive missed here and there.. that said.. Im not passing up this one..  :)
First of all Im really sorry about the Dane baby.. things usually happen for a reason and it sounds like this is no exception!! ;)
I myself am no stranger to peoples comments through the years whenever they discovered I was going to have another child. When I was just pregnant with my third which would have meant a 3 1/2 yr old, 2 1/2 yr old and a new born, I was told at 7 wks pregnant that it was twins  :o 
ok..no problem.. I always felt the same way as you.. Id be a professional mommy.. THEN when the twins were 1 1/2 I had my 'ooopps' baby (though I dont dare tell him that) so I had 5 kids under 5 yrs old... unfortunately by the time the little guy was 1 I had had it was 'daddy' and decided to venture out on my own as a 'happy mom' instead of an 'unhappy wife'.. it doesnt end there.. :) I was very fortunate to meet a wonderful man who couldnt have chidren of his own that was willing to take on a wife and 5 kids under 8.. so the story goes.. Guess what? Apparently he had just never been with a rabbit before and we have since had 2 more children together.. (on purpose) but I am now triple tied to avoid any more ooopps.. enough is enough ;)
So needless to say I got alot of "oh my!! 5?" "Wow 6?" "You're kidding me 7?"
"dont you have a TV?" from friends,family and strangers.. and it also happens to be one of the reasons I havent been around BPO lately..forget about the 2 Danes, they're the easy part..
Good luck with your adventure..Im sure it will all go fine..It only takes ONE to drive you crazy.. the extras just make it more interesting.. ;) :) ;D
Lisa
Maggie 11 mo Dane
Faye 3 mo Dane
Disclaimer: If this post includes anything resembling advice, please note that it most likely has been borrowed from someone more knowledgeable than myself..

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 11:06:13 pm »
I've got 3 of my own. All teens now but Sean and Mel are 2 years almost to the day apart and Mel and Cait are 18 mnths apart. It's great having them all at the asme time. Now I can enjoy them as teens all at the same time. One draw back schooling. Can very expensive all at the same time. LOL

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 04:30:48 pm »
Yes we have been slowly telling people the news and the reactions are great... my aunt got really excited and then stopped and got really sad looking and I asked her what that was about and she told me she expressed both feelings in case i did or did not want to be pregnant again! LoL. My mother in law who has 8 kids barely a year apart and now is up to 15 grandkids and she is NOT happy about anymore, says we need to stop cause she cant afford x-mas presents at this rate.But in all fairness I told her long ago just not to buy my kids anything if it was such a big deal.I don't care I am psyched and we go Thursday for the ultrasound- I can't wait.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:25 am »
oh ultrasounds are the best! let us know how it goes!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown