Author Topic: The real news on the Mastiff Mauling at Ving Rhames  (Read 6806 times)

Offline LittleGrace

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
The real news on the Mastiff Mauling at Ving Rhames
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:02:33 pm »
There has been a lot of talk about the Mastiff "mauling".  I got this information from a woman who works directly with the Southern California Mastiff Rescue operations. 

We all know these dogs are gentle giants, unfortunately the media is quick to criminalize the behavior of large dogs.  I believe that is a case of ignorance and fear in what people do not understand...

------
I want everyone to get the word out. The Mastiffs DID NOT attack the guy that died on the grounds. Let everyone know this was a big over zealous mistake by the police when they had NO other things to say cause they released the info too soon.

The guy died of natural causes and the mastiff's were only trying to figure out what was wrong and help the guy out. The wounds from the mastiff's were ONLY Superficial like scratch marks from nails and no bite marks that broke the skin.
I'm sure we all know how that happens to us on daily occurrences in just playing with our beautiful animals.

The mastiff's were friendly wagging their tails when animal control came in to take them out. No need to subdue any of the mastiff's.

When speaking with the mastiff rescue who followed up immediately, they got all the info the could at this point. And that's the real news.

Pass it on whenever anyone says anything bad about our mastiff's.

Take care

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: The real news on the Mastiff Mauling at Ving Rhames
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:47:48 pm »
That's the problem with large breed dogs. They always get accused of being vicious. Those little yappy dogs cause mor injury to people than our big paws. When I first started obedience training everyone was afraid of my dogs and wouldn't let theirs near mine. No brains. Anyway at the end of the session, everyone just loved them because they are truly gentle giants. I hope that the right news gets out on the Mastiffs.

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:27:54 pm »
The updated news is that the care-giver may have had heart attack, and bitten only on arms and legs only:
http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/03/victim-of-dog-bite-may-have-had-heart-attack.

Consider this scenario: the dogs bit the guy to awake him, and he did wake up, and this will be another story. The dogs would have become heros. '
Hopefully, the police will clear up the case, and dogs will be released from animal control.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 11:28:45 pm by Edwpang »

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 04:42:16 am »
150lb English Bulldog?? The 2 stories are not the same. It would be nice if they would report the facts and not speculate....i sn't there supposed to be a video??