Author Topic: Millie aks Amelia  (Read 7451 times)

bigdogs@5501

Millie aks Amelia
« on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:47 am »
If no one objects on this board, I will be having Millie meet a new family on Sunday. This is a family whose dad is familiar with Saints and there are three girls in the family. The girls are 12,14 and 16.
Millie has one of the sweetest dispositions of any dog I have ever met and she just wags head to toe when you go to pet her. She is gaining weight, not as fast as I would like, but she is gaining weight and she is starting to look pretty good.
Sending her off to a new family will be very hard. I am the type that takes in a dog and then I get attached and spend hours looking into thier eyes and giving them ear rubs and tummy rubs, so she is starting to get attached to me just a wee bit.
I always have a hard time saying good bye and this will be a difficult one- but she deserves more attention than I can give her and she will not have to compete with 47 other dogs ( not really 47, but hey sometimes it seems like 47)
I think that I also need a rest. I have had 2 of my fosters that have been put to sleep in the last month. One was the little shepherd that I just couldnt get healthy after 8 months and the other was my little Gracie, the pit. She got too rough with 2 adoption counselers and since she is a Pit, it was a death sentence. I am still over whelmed by her losing her life and just so so sad. The loss of her has happened within the last 24 hours. I did go on my lunch break tuesday to give her kisses so I did get to see her before she got too rough.
So I think that I am tired. I dont think that I am done by any means, but I can only deal with so much grief in a short period of time and well I need a break. I am going to post some pics of Millie. She is really a happy big goofy girl as you will see in the pics.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Re: Millie aka: Amelia
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:56:08 am »
Ohhhhhhhhhh, Paige!  She's so beautiful!  I can really tell she feels loved!  You have done an amazing job taking care of her.  I'M IN LOVE with the big, goofy girl!!   ;D
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
Re: Millie aks Amelia
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:09:32 am »
It takes special people .. and you're one.  You've brought Miss Millie back to being a pup I can tell from the photos.  And I'm sorry that Grace just couldn't be the pup she should have been but good gosh, for someone to try .. yep, as they said, you're a Saint in my book.
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:51:46 am »
She. Is. Gorgeous.  Simply gorgeous.  Paige, honey, you are an angel for getting her there.  Don't feel bad for letting her go to a family that will love her - isn't that what fostering is all about?   :D

Take a break for a little while, and when it is time for the next one, you'll know...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 02:57:48 pm »
She looks wonderful! What a beautiful girl. I am sorry for your recent heartbreak. I know it is hard. but atleast those pups were loved and had a wonderful life with you at the end. It is great that Millie may have a home lined up! It gives me hope that someone will adopt Mr. Beauregard...L OL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 03:22:16 pm »
Millie looks great!  She looks so happy now. :)  You've done a wonderful job Paige!  I think that it would be fantastic if you have found her a loving family.  :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 12:21:50 am »
Awww, Paige, how could anyone object?!  You have done wonders with her already, and this family sounds perfect.  I'm so sorry you've had so much to deal with in the fostering department lately.  You definitely deserve a break. 

Also, I'm proud of you for resisting the temptation to become a foster failure yet again! ;)

You are a credit to the big dog world, hun!  :-* :-* :-*

here here!  :-* :-* :-*

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 04:51:26 pm »
OH THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!

That sounds wonderful!

I'm Nicole, mama to Cabeza and Mabel, two big black hairy kids. I fostered a Newf once that also had stair issues. It was very difficult to get her up and down, but once she got it, she was up and down with ease! And don't worry if she just wants to stay downstairs. It won't kill her.

Thanks for joining our group! We hope to see lots of pictures of Millie as she fills in and enjoys her new home!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 05:35:43 pm »
I am so glad Ms. Amelia, now Millie found a loving home.