Author Topic: i have two pyr's 11weeks old  (Read 4347 times)

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
i have two pyr's 11weeks old
« on: August 11, 2007, 09:59:04 pm »
i just brought two pyr's they are kool,they don't like to leave the yard when i take them 4 rides,they do play together all through the day and late at night,and that's why i brought the second one.i let them play with a older pit but i'm not sure if that is a good ideal being that my big pup don't like to back down and when the pit see's that she act like he wants to fight,but my pyr willn't press the issue right now he's only 11 weeks.last night i grabbed my smaller by the and told him to stop what he was doing and the other one lunged at my hand as if he was going to bite me , not sure if he was playing or not , i don't want it to happen when he gets bigger and then i will have to hurt him,what do u think??????,

marypyrs

Re: i have two pyr's 11weeks old
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 11:11:40 pm »
Your Bears are adorable!  ;) But remember. They're just babies. Be careful putting them with the "Big Guy". It's kind of like turning two hyper kids loose with an elder. Know what I mean? Irritating! I can understand the Pitt's irritation with two kids all of a sudden thrown in there. "Geeze!" he's thinking. "Give me a break!"  :-\

I truly wish that "some" Breeders out there would explain in depth the character and personalities of the breeds they are selling.  :'(

NUMBER ONE! You NEVER "HURT" A PYR! To me this is the most wonderful breed ever. (But I do love all dogs.) It's going to backfire on you. Believe me.  :'(

I could go on for hours. But rather than that I will send you to several sites that will explain in detail what you need to know.

Do it right. And you have an easy ride with the most loving companions you could ever dream of. Do it wrong. And you have disaster and two more Puppers in Rescue looking for homes.

You made a great choice in Pyrenees. But you will need patience.  :-* Remember that.

www.bluesteelg reatpyrenees.c om
and Google
www.regaliagre atpyrs
as well as GPCA

Jane & "The Crew"

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 01:37:38 am »
thanks because i already love my pyr's, and i spend alot of time with them on a daily basis

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 02:44:46 am »
Have you considered a training program in a controlled setting. Seeing as how these are your first Pyrs, understanding the breed and understanding the importance of training are would be a benefit to you and the dogs. Also the statement that you made about hurting one in the future, what was that all about?
Why would you even consider such a statement. Pyrs and all dogs are to be handled with respect. I dont know anything about your Pit Bull, but hopefully you are also taking steps to make sure that the pit does not hurt the puppies.

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 03:15:23 am »
I totally, completly, and absolutely agree with a training program protocol. I don't care if it's a -5 lb Tiny Paw or a Giant 200 # + Big Paw. They all need to be socialized properly. You may not even "graduate" persay. But it's GREAT for the dog and even better for his/her person.

Beyound the gratification of training your Companion to be a Good Citizen, you will meet some of the nicest, most caring and dedicated people EVER! You might even be like me. Taking the Puppers back session, after session, after session. Just for the pure joy of it all.

It may take some time out of a person's 'schedual' but HEY! Time is all we've got. Eh?  ;D

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 03:46:37 pm »
, i don't want it to happen when he gets bigger and then i will have to hurt him,what do u think??????,

Why would you want to hurt him? These are the most loving and loyal animals you'll ever come across. I'm biased I know but pyrs are fantastic pets. Besides no animal should be hurt!

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 02:39:37 am »
the state was if he took a bit a my hand now , he may do it later that's what i meant but that statement,and i'm training then now and i will take to several classes.that is not my pit ,it's a friends

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 02:41:57 am »
thanks i will put them in a class soon

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 02:45:54 am »
well if he 150lbs and he bits your hand or woarst,so it is what it is , i love all my dogs that have and every had,thanks 4 the feed back

Offline black phoenix

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 06:39:16 am »
thanks for the positive i will take to classes next month,the big one is like my best friend go's everywhere with me always trying to be next to me,walk with me,i got him sitting and staying with food in his face and he will not touch it until i tell him to eat and i only had him a week , working onlesh walks and heeling and sitting and stay