Author Topic: BPOers in SW Ontario?  (Read 15487 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
BPOers in SW Ontario?
« on: August 12, 2007, 11:23:19 am »
Hey there!
Are there any BPOers, or Pyr owners living in London Ontario or the general area around London?  Just curious, would love to have a BP friend for Naja to play with!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Icerotti

Re: BPOers in SW Ontario?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:31:47 pm »
Hi,

I live in Niagara Falls but I grew up not too far from London. My dad still lives just outside of London and I visit about once a month. Maybe one time I am down we could meet up. I usually have a dog or dogs with me when I come down  ;D

There are a few other members from that area too. I don't think they have been on too much this summer.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:12:00 am »
Yup I'm here but sorry to say my 'girl' is not much of a player ~ she's far to mature for that kinda stuff  ;) no really a walk in the woods and she'd be game... I feel a meet and greet coming soon  ;D There are acouple other BP owners here in the city but you have to look hard sometimes.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 05:27:08 am »
Guelph has TONS of big paws AND a trail walk through the dog park ;)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 03:09:45 pm »
I'm in Ontario but still about 2.5 hrs from London. :(  City closest to me is Owen Sound.   

Guelph isn't that far of a hike.....Teddy a and I may have to get together with Phelan someday!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 04:09:48 pm »
Phelan is always available to play, we are at the dog park probably 4 times a week. The trail walk is amazing and takes about an hour which tires him out nicely. There are a few other Saints there although we don't see them that often....one woman has 3! A few Bullies and Danes, the most popular seems to be the Bernese, I believe I've met 5 ;D

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 04:52:10 pm »
I live about 2 1/2 hrs away from London, however that doesn't stop me from going all the way out Ingersoll way to train! Almost every Saturday we're out there. Sorry we don't live closer, I know Remy would love to play.
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 05:04:23 pm »
I'm near Brantford Ontario. But I don't drive. My hubby does but he's not very social. :(

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:13:15 am »
I am somewhat familiar with the Brantford area, any good parks?? Might get my next pup from that area! So perhaps I could use the excuse of stopping by the kennel and bring Phelan along.

Lyn

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 02:17:17 am »
The behaviourist I took Lola to said there was a dog park in Brantford. But it must have opened recently because I didn't think there was any there. I'll have to do some searching and see if I can find it. ;)

Is the kennel right in Brantford?

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 02:26:42 am »
I found it! It's called Dogford Park. :D It's in West Brant. http://www3.sympatico.ca/goldenbimmer/

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 04:15:01 am »
Since I can't name the Kennel, it's a Dogue de Bordeaux breeder, i think right in Brantford or just outside.

Lyn

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 06:49:54 pm »
We definately should! Hubby's cousin lives in Brantford so he could drop me off and go visit him. I'd have to come dogless though. :( Lola can't go into the dog park and I have to stay a good distance from the other dogs. Wouldn't be much of a meet and greet if I was 20 feet away. LOL Part of Lola's 'rehab' was for me to take her to the dogpark and sit at a distance so she can observe but not meet the other dogs. And Bubba is a no go since he is intact most dogs hate him even though he's been fine with other dogs we have met. He's just too excitable. :-\

So I'll just have to steal Atti or Phelan. hehehehe

Lyn

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 06:59:50 pm »
Hmm, My hubby works Mon-Fri. He may get the odd day off because it's raining (He's a Roofer). But generally only get Sat and Sun off. He may have Labour Day off, I'll have to check with him.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:38:41 am »
 ;DGiving this thread a little bump cause I love hearing about eveybody that lives in the area. ;D  And if there is anybody who is going to be making any trips to this part of the world just PM me; and Naja and I would love to get together!

Also I think a meet and greet for BPO'ers in SW Ontario would be a great idea.  Any suggestions as to when and where, I know I would be more then happy to make the trip.  ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!