Author Topic: Aww...she makes Momma so proud...  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Aww...she makes Momma so proud...
« on: August 12, 2007, 03:35:41 pm »
Well Jeff and I decided that it was time to see if Sierra could be trusted out of her crate at night.  Actually, I decided...Jeff was just a nervous wreck afraid we'd wake up to an ink stain on our beige carpet because of Sierra's fondness for chewing on pens, or pee or poo.  Can't understand the last one, she hasn't gone in the house in a LONG time.  But anyway, we walk out of the bedroom this morning wondering what we'll find and guess what we found...  absolutely nothing.  Nothing but a sleeping pupper and no mess of any kind!  She was such a good girl and I'm so proud of her!  Jeff hunted around a little but couldn't find anything while I just kissed her and loved her up and told her what a good girl she was.

I'll be honest...I'm glad we can start trusting her out of her cage.  We live in the middle of nowhere and when Jeff goes away for work or hunting, I get a little nervous.  Sierra is starting to be protective of the house and I will feel better knowing I have a big dog that has run of the house at night.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline newfie owner

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • molly our furry baby xxx
    • View Profile
Re: Aww...she makes Momma so proud...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:44:15 pm »
well done sierra  ;D  l bet that was a relief for you
owners of
molly-6 month old newfie pup aswell as other pets

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:20:46 am »
Yeah it'll be great unless Sierra's like Kali was Sun night watching the meteor showers. I took her out back with all the lights off and we're sitting in the grass watching the meteors when all of sudden she starts growling and climbs up in my lap. Her job was to alarm only only, I had to do the protecting. There really was something in the field though because as I was bringing her in the house I could hear somethin moving through the high grass, oh well

Next step is letting her sleep with you guys! ;D

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:02:21 pm »
I would love to let her sleep with us...in my opinion, all of my pets deserve to sleep on the waterbed!  Unfortunately, not allowing the dogs in our bedroom is the one thing Jeff refuses to budge on.  Both dogs know they are not allowed more than two paws through the doorway.  I guess it's a good thing...Sierra still pesters the heck out of my poor cats and they know that our bedroom is their "safe" place when they need a break and to clean the slobber off of their fur.  And also that way Sierra won't gobble up their food and cat litter.  Eww.

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline newfie owner

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • molly our furry baby xxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:00:10 am »
aww lol  :D,l know what you mean.at the moment my kittens have the garage to run into away from molly.molly has the kitchen and dining room to herself at night,whilst toffy and ozzie kip on our bed.
owners of
molly-6 month old newfie pup aswell as other pets

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 04:48:30 pm »
Even if she never makes it to the waterbed, I'm just happy she's out of the crate.  We still leave it open for her because she does still like to take naps and chew on her bones in there, but she really is getting too big for it.  I hate to keep her cooped up in with as big as she is.  She has taken to stretching out in front of our doorway so we can trip over her on the way out every morning.  Sweet girl, I guess she doesn't want to miss saying good morning as soon as we're up...

~Stephanie
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:49:00 pm by Newly Newfed »

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile