Author Topic: We could use your good thoughts  (Read 4388 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
We could use your good thoughts
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:53:09 pm »
Hi everyone,

My 8 year old daughter was admitted to the hospital on Saturday morning with a high fever, muscle aches and all sorts of other ailments, we have been on such a roller coaster ride as I tell you this kid is tough as nails and now she is looking so sad and pathetic.  We have been told it can be hepatitus A, Mono, Kowasaki Disease, an unnamed virus and everything in the book - it is soooo frustrating and scary we really havent learned anything since Saturday, I have been sleeping at the hospital with her and haven't been on the boards - I miss it alot - there is so much friendship and comfort here - I wish I could have that at 2:00 in the morning when I am alone sitting in the dark with her (She can't tolerate the lights in her eyes).

So I am asking once again for your thoughts and prayers - I can't wait to get back and read everyones posts - I am trying to attach a picture of Gailyn and Harley but I am in a hurry to get back so it may not work.

Thanks
Randy

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: We could use your good thoughts
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:19:16 pm »
I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this.  She is a beauty, look at that pose!!  Sending prayers your way.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:35:59 pm »
Good thoughts, positive energy, healing vibes, and lots of hugs coming to y'all! Hopefully the docs can get a grasp and get your daughter properly treated soon!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 10:38:31 pm »
Hi Randy,

I am so sorry for your daughters plight, I do have a friend whose 11 year old went through a similar fever (as high as 106 on 3 separate occasions) incident 3 weeks ago. It turned out to be a Viral infection that passed and he is back to his 11 year old self now but it was a very rought 2 weeks for his MOM!! Hopefully the same will be for your lovely daughter.

You and your family will be in my thoughts!!

Rich

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:28:01 pm »
Our thoughts are with you! Fingers and paws crossed! Hope they will find soon and all will be ok! Must be!
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 11:31:00 pm »
Sending good thoughts to you and your family!  I hope she feels better soon. Let us know if you need anything!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 12:57:59 am »
Sending pos/ thoughts your way. I know how hard it is when there is nothing you can do but wait... hopefully they will figure it out soon so they can treat it and make her feel better.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 01:43:54 am »
Cirra sends her love.  When Gailyn is feeling better maybe a therapy dog visiting her would help.

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 03:21:41 am »
Sending Healing Thoughts and Many Prayers your way. Hugs and Love to your beautiful Daughter and you all.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 03:48:44 am »
Magic sends all his angels and good thoughts your way.since he can't come visit.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 11:06:33 pm »
I'll be praying for you & Gailyn, too.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:32 pm »
You and your family and your beautiful girl are in out thoughts.  Gracie and Rosco and Linus the cat send their thoughts and prayers and many slobbery kisses your daughters way.  Get well fast pretty girl.   
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 11:47:54 pm »
This very same thing happened to my son (3.5) this summer that is why I was away.. it is a very helpless feeling. We were in hosp for one week and then Sunday he woke up fine they sent us home Monday and the very next Sunday he was back in for a week. Pm me we can chat... he is fine now and I'm sending good healing vibes your way, take care of yourself as well ~ a run down mama is not good for anybody. ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 05:09:11 am »
Well I didn't get home today to read your wonderful posts.  I am trying to write this from a wireless keyboard on the tv in my daughters room so I don't know if it will work but I'll try.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 05:14:32 am »
Well I didn't get home today so I couldn't read your wonderful posts and I am writing this from a wireless keyboard that works with the tv in my daughters room so I don't even know if this will work but I thought I would check in and let you know we found out tonight that it isn't hepatitus, or mono for sure and they thought it was vira; now they are looking into bacterial also they are checking for kidney, gall stones etc. had a ultra sound today and it showed nothing = we saw doctors from cardiac, infectious diseases, and gi today they all think it is something different they finally started antibiotics today since her gall bladder has sludge in it.