Author Topic: Following the Vick Case  (Read 7536 times)

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Following the Vick Case
« on: August 13, 2007, 06:04:32 pm »
News is available on the Atlanta and Richmond newspapers websites:

http://www.ajc.com/

http://www.timesdispatch.com

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: Following the Vick Case
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:33:25 pm »
Hi,

ESPN reported his pals are taking Plea bargins so Mr Vick is considering one also!! Nice to see that won't help him with NFL and the gambling aspect that is also HUGE on the NFL don't do list!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2972161
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 01:21:25 am »
I just saw this on the website for the Hampton Roads, VA newspaper:

http://hamptonroads.com/pilotonline

Breaking: If the NFL star doesn't accept a plea deal, prosecutors plan to seek a federal racketeering-related charge punishable by up to 20 years in prison, according to a source close to the case.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:22:04 am by EllieAndBlu »

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:33:35 am »
Well I hope that the plea bargain is jail time and more than a year. I have heard rumors about a year in jail and sorry, thats just not harsh enough. Also I want to see him have to financially support those 54 dogs that are now on death row. I hope that the Feds are not backing down.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 07:44:45 am »
 He said that they had been practicing without him, were a cohesive team without Vick and didn't want him back for the season.  I gotta admit, I was floored  ....  That's a pretty harsh thing to say about your (really good) quarterback. 

Best thing I've heard all day. It seems that a lot of support has been coming his way and for his teamate to step up with the truth is great. The Falcons are my team and truthfully because I really enjoyed watching Vick play but if he remains on the team I will have to find another. I think many people are in that same boat. It's a shame as his teammate W.Dunn does a lot of good things for his community. I really hope he gets jail time.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:02:03 pm »
Article in today's Atlanta paper...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/14/vick_0815.html

If the NFL allows Vick to play again... is an outrage, to say the least... in fact the possibility of a plea deal at all is an outrage.  Oh I am just so fired-up, I can barely write.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 04:18:43 pm »
That is great Tina - and I am guessing it is the sentiments of so many (myself included). I am hoping the NFL realizes the backlash from Vick playing football would be HUGE - is one mediocre QB worth the fury that would be unleashed.

** modified to add: Yayyyy Drew Cary!!! **
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:19:36 pm by EllieAndBlu »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 04:32:29 pm »
Breaking: If the NFL star doesn't accept a plea deal, prosecutors plan to seek a federal racketeering-related charge punishable by up to 20 years in prison, according to a source close to the case.

This really bothers me.  I am generally not against plea bargains, but that is just nonsense.  The fact that they would completely disregard evidence of another crime is really frustrating to me.  I can understand if they let him plead on the other charges as well, but to completely not press them!?!  Ugh.

I totally agree!!!

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 04:41:24 pm »
I am so with you -  why should he even get the chance to take a plea... I hope his lawyers let it go to trial so he can have his butt handed to him.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 04:46:49 pm »
*sigh*

You know...I hate the fact that he's being offered a plea, too. But, you know, people that murder kids and molest kids and do all sorts of awful things are offered them all the time. Its a sad fact about our legal system.

(Trying not to be the crazy dog person that puts the lives of dogs above the lives of kids...) ;)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 05:08:20 pm »
Hi,

The bigger issue is ALSO the NFL. He is trying to save his career to PLAY FOOTBALL again. The NFL is an organization that doesn't have to wait for the FEDERAL COURT SYSTEM.

If we worked at "lets say SEARS" and were accused of these crimes, we would be fired long before anything happened in court, unfortunately the NFL does not have to stay with innocent until proven guilty, he has broken numerous NFL policies and should be banned for life just for those!! ESPECIALLY the GAMBELING.

I hope Michael Vick takes a Plea thus admitting his guilt, My greater hope is that the NFL will ban him for LIFE wheather he makes that plea or not they have every right to just for violating the NFL "company rules".
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad