Author Topic: Video of Yukon  (Read 3077 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Video of Yukon
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:45 pm »
You can see his limp here. Part of the video speeds up for some reason so they look like complete spazz's lol, but they really don't move THAT fast. ;) Anyway as you can see they play hard..and it doesn't seem to hold him back from much, when he wants to play anyway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xw0_oTdsSs

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Video of Yukon
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:05:38 pm »
I loved the video!  They are both beautiful and Yukon giving you the pyr paw and kisses was so sweet!!   ;D  :-*

Yes, I can *definately* see the limp.   :(   The way that Yukon & Yiska are playing in the video is very, very typical and I wouldn't consider it to be particularly rough play at all.  Cass & Daisy are doing it here in the house (right behind me  :o  ::)  ;D ) as I am writing this.  Daisy is 8 y/o now and Cassie is 2 and they do it multiple times a day, silly girls!  Anyway, I don't know if Yukon might have stepped into a hole or something, or if it's something else more concerning, but I'm really glad that you're having it x-rayed on Monday.  I'll be watching and waiting for updates and feel free to e-mail me if I can help somehow. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:14:59 pm »
What a great video. They look like they are having so much fun. I hope his leg is ok. Let us know what the vet has to say.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:21:05 pm »
Okay well I just thought I'd feel around on his shoulders and try to compare them. There is an obvious difference to me, unless his shoulders just don't match for some reason, shouldn't they? I don't know how to describe it exactly but when he sits and I feel them from the top sides, his 'okay' one feels kind of flat at the side, the hurt one feels like the top of the joint protrudes out at the top, it's like very pokey up there unlike the other one. I don't know what that means. Could he have dislocated it?

I know these are all just guesses until I can find out for sure, but anyway..I thought it felt strange. He let me touch him, he held his foot off the ground the whole time. If anything, the limp seems to be getting worse. He's such a good boy and I really don't think his lack of reaction is any indication of the pain he is in. I think he is just a sweet boy with a great dispostion. He kept looking up at me the whole time like he was just happy to be touched, and like he wanted me to help him. :'(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 06:22:54 pm by mama2many »

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 05:23:16 am »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Poor Yukon!
Well I hope all goes well at the vet tomorrow, and that there is nothing wrong with him that alittle bed rest can't fix.
Naja and I are sending happy thoughts your way.   ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!