Author Topic: Cross Country Road Trip!  (Read 10099 times)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Cross Country Road Trip!
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:51:16 pm »
So in about 2 weeks, My Mom, Remy and I, are going out to BC!!! I'll get to see my baby Cousin, Very exciting! Well most of you know of Remy's, shall we say, minor loathing of the car. So a 4-5 day drive will be interesting! haha Anyway my whole point is that, at the moment I'm not sure whether we're going through Canada, or the States.

Either or, it would be great if along the way I can post to see if I'm driving through any one's town, and perhaps we can meet up! Give Remy a break, have a little play! Sort of like a mini Meet and Greet! I might not be able to get Internet, so in that case, I'll post out route before hand, either way it would be cool to meet some BPO'ers!

Sorry if this rambled, my brain isn't quite functioning this morning! :D
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Country Road Trip!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 06:45:57 pm »
Remy wanted me to post this, he says he wants to meet you guys!  :D
Caitlin

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:16 pm »
Are you going through Michigan??

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:22:19 pm »
I love Remy's ears - they do such funny things in his pictures!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:21:59 pm »
We're starting in Toronto, so if we travel through the States, we'll go right through Chicago! And also through Michigan! So the States are looking more appealing already ;) :D Our final destination in Vancouver, so we have a lot of ground to cover!

Remy's ears are always doing crazy things! It's like they have a life of their own, it's really cute :)
Caitlin

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:17:00 am »
Hey,  I'm in Vancouver!  There's a fantastic dog beach near the airport if you're interested in meeting up while you're here.  I have two leonbergers and depending when you get to Vancouver and how long you're staying I have a little leo pup arriving on the 7th of Sept.

Last year me, boyfriend and dog road tripped from Vancouver to London, Ont.  It was the most fantastic time I've ever had.  We took our time and only planned where we were going that morning.  We went through Alberta down to Montana then Wyoming, South Dakota, Minn., Wisconsin and Michigan.  We  tried to stick to two lane black top as much as we could and avoid the highways.  The states is the best for road trippin'.  There were lots of rest stops and parks even in the small towns we passed through.  We saw all the major tourists attractions... rushmore, Devil's tower etc etc.  We were even allowed to bring our leo to Reptile Gardens in So. Dakota, although it was VERY hard to get around with the constant questions.

You'll have a blast.

You can email me at kassi@shaw.ca if you'd like to get together.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 09:26:40 pm »
We're starting in Toronto, so if we travel through the States, we'll go right through Chicago! And also through Michigan! So the States are looking more appealing already ;) :D Our final destination in Vancouver, so we have a lot of ground to cover!

Remy's ears are always doing crazy things! It's like they have a life of their own, it's really cute :)

Chicago is 4 hours from me and i am in Grand Rapids, which is about 2 hours north of the indiana border.  let me know what town in MI you'll be in and we can hook up.  :)  i can give you my phone numbers and stuff if you want.  that'll be cool to meet you.

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 09:50:53 pm »
That's awesome you guys!! Remy is very exited to meet everyone, as am I!! lol He's doing better in the car if I'm in the backseat with him hahaha! I'd love everyone's contact information! My email is caitlin.duguid@gmail.com

We're waiting on a new car to get going and there have been some unexpected delays, so I'm not sure when we're going to start. As my Mum would say, as soon as possible!

FXgirl, We're going to be in BC for at least 3wks, so it's really likely I'll get to meet your leo pup!! ;D The beach sounds great, Remy loves the water and he hasn't experienced shoreline yet, so I'm sure he'll go crazy over it. I'll email you when we're in Vancouver, that would probably be the easiest thing to do, then try to time it.

Whereabouts do you live Jackie? Prince Rupert is about as far north as I have even been. We'll be staying in Whistler for a while too, but I doubt that's any closer, seeing as it's not nearly a two day drive!
Caitlin

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 04:04:59 am »
i emailed you my phone numbers.   you'd better stop by!

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 06:13:50 pm »
Like I said I'm trying!!! ;) Remy has changed so much, his ear are actually standing up! He really wants to show you!
Caitlin

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 07:37:37 pm »
We're in Northeastern Ontario... on HiWay 11... small crappy town called COBALT. If u come thru here :) Stop on by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 08:26:19 pm »
im in buffalo NY if youre coming through here...me and my little gimpy pup!!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 07:13:16 pm »
That great Jo! I've got to run at the moment, but I'll get back to you, it'd be great to meet you! We're going through Sault St Marie and Thunder Bay area, so hopefully we'll be near!

On another trip, we might go to Buffalo to shop! lol It's near my Grandparents! haha That would be great as well!
Caitlin