Author Topic: That was a long 9 days  (Read 2246 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
That was a long 9 days
« on: August 22, 2007, 07:33:57 pm »
Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone for the good thoughts and prayers for my daughter who was in the hospital for the past 9 days.  We are home now and I am relieved, exhausted and a bit frustrated.

Gailyn is doing well, no fever, the swelling is down but she is so tired.

We still have lots of doctors appointments to go to over the next month and then a year.

She is currently undiagnosed but she was treated for and leaning to Kawasakis disease or leptospirosis (some dogs are being vacinated against lepto)

We have followups with cardiologists, gastrointerolo gists, infections disease and her regular doctors!!

It has been a roller coaster!!  Harley is SOOOOO happy to have us home!! (Actually both grandmothers have been here for a few days which means he gets toast, and all kinds of leftovers we tradionally don't give hime!)

So thanks again for the good thoughts and I hope to be around the board more often now!

Randy & Harley

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: That was a long 9 days
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:58:16 pm »
I'm so glad to hear that Gailyn is feeling much better.  I'm sure that she is exhausted, but I bet that you are, too!  I hope that you can both get some rest now.  Thanks for the update, I've been thinking of you.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:02:37 pm »
I've been thinking about y'all!
So glad to hear Gailyn is home and getting better... there is no place better to recover! Now daughter and mom canget some mucg needed rest!
Hopefully the docs can pinpoint a diagnosis so this doesn't happen again.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 02:09:39 am »
Oh and one more thing while I am whining - my 15 year old son who is generally sweet, gentle and kind has decided that this week is a good week to turn into a sarcastic, PITA teenager, listening to loud music, instant messaging and breaking up with his nice girlfriend to start dating a girl 2 years older than him - lovely!!  Still trying to talk him out of that!!  Anyone want a tall, strong obnoxious teenage boy??

Randy & Harley

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 04:36:08 am »
You could send him on up here to Canada to work on our dairy farm!  Shovelling cow poo aruond for a while might straighten him out!  ;)
I'm glad your girl is doing better though.  I know what it's like to go undiagnosed for a long time.  For the past year my younger sister has been in almost constant pain, has dropped like 40 lbs, and can't stand up straight, and for just as long the docs have all been scratching their heads (which sometimes I think are up their behinds).  I hope you get a diagnosis quickly.  :)
Naja and I send love and hugs your way and to your whole family.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:23 am »
So glad that ya'll are home!!  Maybe some sleep and Harley love is really what the dr. ordered!  I do hope you get a final answer.  Good luck
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 08:01:50 am »
im glad that she's doing better, it's hard to not know what is the cause of all of this, i hope you all can get some answers.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown