Author Topic: Countdown to Fall  (Read 3634 times)

lins_saving_grace

Countdown to Fall
« on: August 25, 2007, 08:34:28 pm »
With the summer winding down, Grace wants to get out and ignore the camera or sit in positions that darkens her face and makes me have to contort myself into odd shapes to get a good pic. 
it's been one of those weekends where you sit back and say "life doesn't get any better than this".  i got my pupper and clean carpets; the dew sparkled on the grass this morning; the sky is BLUE.  anyway...
there's a field at the end of the parking lot in the complex where i live.  a split rail fence separates the property for the apartments and the field.  we go there to potty and play. 
it seems only natural that i get some pics of the pup there...for sedimental reasons.
this mornig after our early morning walk, grace climbed into bed and on the couch and watched out the windows for hours.  it's still a little hot so she enjoys the end of summer breeze from the windows.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:41:00 pm by Lin »

dohertyswissy

Re: Countdown to Fall
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:13:36 pm »
I love those pics Lin!  It feels miles away from the fall down here in NC.  I am definitely a warm weather girl, but I've about HAD it with this darn heat wave!  Luckily, a "cold front" came through last night and it is 80 degrees today.  I know that sounds hot, but when you've been battling triple digit heat, it is a blessing!  I'm hoping to get Ranger out for a nice long walk today.

I am READY for Fall and so is Ranger!  Give Ms. Grace a huge hug for me!

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:52:37 pm »
Great shots Lin!  Oh, to be a dog.  There is definately a change in the air today.  Walking Cheyenne this morning the air was fresh and cool an Anything is Possible kinda day.  I can't wait for Fall, but I'm sorry to see Summer leave.  Where does the time go?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:55:22 pm »
Great pics. I agree that's it's so much nicer to be able to walk the dogs in cooler weather. Mine are finally enjoying being outside. Mind you i love the summer and hate tosee it go already.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 11:17:11 pm »
Great shots Lin!  Oh, to be a dog.  There is definately a change in the air today.  Walking Cheyenne this morning the air was fresh and cool an Anything is Possible kinda day.  I can't wait for Fall, but I'm sorry to see Summer leave.  Where does the time go?
time goes by.  :)  we hate the summer.  fall and spring is more our style.  :)  but it's starting to feel different out.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 11:18:14 pm »
I love those pics Lin!  It feels miles away from the fall down here in NC.  I am definitely a warm weather girl, but I've about HAD it with this darn heat wave!  Luckily, a "cold front" came through last night and it is 80 degrees today.  I know that sounds hot, but when you've been battling triple digit heat, it is a blessing!  I'm hoping to get Ranger out for a nice long walk today.

I am READY for Fall and so is Ranger!  Give Ms. Grace a huge hug for me!
it has been a hot summer.  We're just now seeing less rain, which Grace decided she hates.   

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:19:50 pm »
awwww - Grace looks as gorgeous as ever!