Author Topic: Ranger's Rescue  (Read 23304 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Ranger's Rescue
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 12:18:16 pm »
What a sweetheart!...I am SO happy he is with you!!!...As far as his nervousness, beyond everything being new to him, Pyrs are aloof dogs to start with...If there is anything that is not as it should be they pick up big time on it...So, everything being new to him in his mind probably equates to everything not being quite as it should....He'll come around with patience & love of which I am sure you have plenty for him!...Please give Ranger a big ol' pat & "good boy"! from me & Samson!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 12:19:53 pm »
Awww he is sooo cute, that's he's definately more Pyr than anything, wait until tommorrow when all is settled, then you'll get to meet the real Ranger!!  ;D And we would love to see more Pics too or course.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 12:29:26 pm »
He is beautiful and I am jealous!   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 04:42:01 pm »
Quick question for you, does Ranger have double back dew claws?  I have always been told that is a way to tell if a dog is a Great Pyrenees. I would like to know if a Pyr mix also has double back dew claws of if it is just full Pyrs.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 04:48:34 pm »
What a sweetie. I'm so happy you got him.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 04:58:26 pm »
oh what a beauty !!!! I'm a bit jealous too, lol.  Could we have regular updates please and pictures to go with it ????????   
I am so glad he's out !  How are the other two Pyrs doing ? Anyone know?

Moose is supposed to be a Newf/Great Pyr cross and he has the double back dew claws. So I learned something new today as I didn't know that was a Pyr thing. That's cool !

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2005, 07:34:00 pm »
Yep, this guy has double dew claws on the back legs. Craziest looking things!

Offline Viney Dog

• Ankle Biter
  • Raisa-Beautiful.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2005, 07:41:29 pm »
Ranger is absolutely beautiful! What an exceptionally sweet and gentle face; just like a Pyr. I am so relieved the trip went well with the exception of him leaving you a present in your car.  I am sure the drive to your place was about enough, as the drive to Wisconsin would have been very, very long for him.  Your other babies will come around; this is a very new experience for all three of them, so adjustment will be necessary but I am sure will happen very quickly.  It is great he will have a warm, safe place to sleep tonight, and I will feel better knowing he is out of the shelter and not all alone wondering if he will have a home.  Best wishes on the new member of your family! With much gratitude to you for opening your heart and home.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2005, 07:56:56 pm »
Here's how things are going after having him for 8 or 9 hours now. He hasn't had a single accident in the house (more than can be said for Nigel today). He LOVES all the dog toys that are all over the place. I introduced all the dogs together when everyone seemed really happy I had just come in from the grocery store. They were all very nice to each other. Lots of happy sniffing. A few growls from the new guy but I think he was a little overwhelmed. Then he relaxed and now seems comfortable, he is just chewing away on a nylabone! Boy does he stink and he needs a serious bath but he was just neutered yesterday so he isn't supposed to get wet for a week! Yikes! But he is cute anyway and he's just going to have to stay in the kitchen until I can bathe him.
Here are pictures!
Zoot and Nigel aren't sure if they want a brother...

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2005, 08:14:49 pm »
Try putting a little baby powder on him.  You can also rub him down with a dryer sheet.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 09:25:14 am »
I'll try that dryer sheet thing. I can't wait to give him a real bath, though, I just found two ticks on him and more flea dirt than I have seen in years!!
Today he and Nigel have become great pals. They have been playing and hanging out together all morning. Zoot still has no interest whatsoever.

I think Ranger wants a new name. I found out that "Ranger" what his previous owners named him, and honestly he doesn't answer to it anyway. Between that and there being a couple other "Ranger"s on this board, I think I'm going to give the guy a new name. For a new era in his life. He is such a gentle sweetheart. I wish everyone could meet him, and see what a fantastic guy he is. And OH the white hair is flying all over the place! Ha!
 :D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 09:40:11 am »
OHH he looks soo happy to be with you. That is soo wonderful. Have you thought of a new name yet?? The way that he was chewing on the bone is the way Dilbert does too, hmm wonder if that is a Pyr thing, Dilbert will sleep like that too until he really gets comfy then on his back he goes.

Is he still sticking to you like glue?
I can't believe his previous owners neglected him so bad!!! He is soo sweet, if he was with me I would not be able to let him go!
nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 09:47:35 am »
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaay! Rebekah! HIP HIP HOORAY! He's so happy! Let's name him......umm.. ..I can't think of any right now! hahaha! I'll let ya know when I do!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2005, 10:10:10 am »
I am looking on line for dog names and I found this site

http://www.about-dogs.com
 Looking at the names now
Bandit is one that I thought would be neat???

Nina

Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2005, 10:25:02 am »
Boy does he look happy or what.