Author Topic: Not so scarey now.  (Read 6119 times)

lins_saving_grace

Not so scarey now.
« on: August 15, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
So i took Grace to Riverside Park last night.  There was a group of people playing the bagpipes there so we laid down and watched them.  we didn't stir. 
then when a friend of mine showed up with his dog, i let Grace walk to him without me at the end of the leash. she meandered over to him so slowly like nothing. 
my little girl is being so good.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Not so scarey now.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 03:41:23 pm »
LOL!  i try to believe that.  she has been so good lately.  it's that park.  she knows we geet ice cream after that park.

there's this cute guy who walks there.  i pass him sometimes (from a distance).  he notices too.  and i just smile.  he smiles back.  once i got a nod/wave.  he won't do more than that since he's afraid of the dog.  but he thinks our acrobatics in the grass are fun to watch. 

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:31:42 pm »
Way to go Grace!  What a good girl!  I can just see the glint from her halo...  Grace, show that cute guy what a well-behaved sweetheart you are and maybe Mom will get more than just a nod and a wave...

Ice cream is a big motivater.  Sierra knows that after going to Superpetz (and me buying yet another toy or bone), we stop at Dairy Queen and get a cone.  The trip gives her some socialization with other dogs and children, she gets lots of attention and a treat, and I get to have some bonding time with my girl.

~Stephanie
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:39:43 pm by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »
OK, I see everyone talking about taking puppers for icecream and I gotta ask...how does that treat their bellies? Any kind of people food that my pups have gotten a hold of has turned into a gastrointestin al nightmare, and I would be afraid to give them milky sugary ice cream. So, how does this work so well for you all? Actually, let me say that my 10 year old grey has the most tummy issues, and Koji, the 5 month old wonder midget, had a baaaaaad run in with a turkey hot dog. Tani seems to be the best at cleaning up around the baby's highchair. But a whole serving of ice cream? I'd be leery...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:53 pm »
i love to get it for her.  she loves it.  Diary in small amounts is good for digestion (at least in rotts since our breeder recommended it for her).  we don't have an ill effects. but if your pups are sensitive i wouldn't try it.  you can get sugar free or yogart.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 06:48:46 am »
good girl Grace! it's a very rewarding feeling to see the fruit of your efforts. and she's a good dog to boot... :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 10:07:19 am »
i love to get it for her.  she loves it.  Diary in small amounts is good for digestion (at least in rotts since our breeder recommended it for her).  we don't have an ill effects. but if your pups are sensitive i wouldn't try it.  you can get sugar free or yogart.

I was wondering about how they'd do with ice cream, too.  I won't try it with Daisy b/c of her big issues with diarrhea and all, but I'll try yogurt with Cass & Sam.  I bet that they'll love it. 

BTW, some of the sugar free products use mannitol as a sweetener and it is a big-time laxative for humans, so beware!!!  ;)  :o  Also, I don't know if the sugar free substitutes are safe for dogs, have you tried it? 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 03:49:57 pm »
Sierra doesn't seem to have any tummy troubles.  She's gotten into so much food she's not supposed to, I think she's developed a cast-iron stomach.  She's even learning how to open the refrigerator because she sees that's where all of the food goes.  Smart girl. 

Still I only allow her to have a child size cup of plain vanilla - no cones.  I can't do the same thing with Magic, his belly is more sensitive and he'll be throwing up all over.

~Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 09:24:59 pm »
how did you know?  She wiggled her butt and the rest of her.  She loves Jeff!!!