Author Topic: Need advice- a new companion for Sasha!---  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Need advice- a new companion for Sasha!---
« on: August 29, 2007, 07:33:12 pm »
Hi!
It's been a long since I haven't posted anything or read bpo website...my life totally changed this year.
First I got separated and I am going thru a divorce. I do not feel bad becuase of that but I know Sasha felt bad for the first couple of months...now she is a little bit more happy about it.. Also we don't live in the house anymore becuase I have it for sale due to the divorce and we moved twice already but I am stable now...I'm renting a friend's house and Sasha has been more active and playful (of course...now she has pently of space to run and play..in a 1 acre land) BUT I know she misses Gordo..the male..My ex took both Sasha and Gordo for a couple of weeks just for the purpose of hurting me but after being separated, thanks God he gave me back Sasha...but Gordo is gone!  :'( I found out he put it to sleep! I couldn't believe it at first but now I know I married the devil...  >:(
Well, now in this new life I have just started (already many months ago)..just me and Sasha, I know she is still missing Gordo a lot...but I am afraid of having another dog again, not only because of the maintenance because I cannot spend too much money now, but also because I don't know how she's going to react since all my attention goes to her and she's been my angel, my friend, my support all this time...
Does anybody know which breed I should get? Do I get another rottie? or a smaller breed? Please, I need your advice and suggestions... Also..what's is the best way for me and her to approach the addition of another dog in the house? I'm open to suggestions! Thank you all!

Lorena
~Lorena~

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice- a new companion for Sasha!---
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:36:45 pm »
first off.... you give that guy a big kick in the @ss for putting that dog to sleep! then....i dont know what you do.... but i know you kick him in the @ss... :-\
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:45:06 pm »
What reason in the world did he give for putting Gordo down? I agree - kick him in the @ss. That is horrible. I'm sorry you married the devil. I married him too, once. I guess he gets around. :P If you aren't drawn to a particular breed, I'd take it slow and peruse your local shelters and ads. The right dog will get your attention, and Sasha's too. You'll know it when you see it.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:03:04 pm »
Good idea to wait until the divorce is final. And oh, yeah, b@lls,too. Another good idea.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 08:18:16 pm »
Thanks! I think it's good to know..that I should wait...Hopeful ly I will sign the divorce papers soon and once I have that done then I will go ahead and rescue one...that's what I was planning to do originally...
Unfortunately I cannot kick him..'cuase I might get in trouble!...but I believe in justice...(from God) and he will pay for the bad things he did to me, Sasha and Gordo! Thank you ALL for your support! L.
~Lorena~

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:25:27 pm »
one word for you hun.... KARMA! ;D
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!