Author Topic: new here  (Read 4123 times)

Offline love4pyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
new here
« on: August 31, 2007, 07:06:41 pm »
Hi everyone.i am so glad i found this forum.I have wanted to own a pyr most of my life and we have finally made the decesion to start looking for a breeder to get one next spring or summer.I am so excited.I am totaly in love with the breed.I love comming and reading all of your posts.i have earned so much about them since i found this place.I would really like to keep comming back here and get to know all of you pyr ownwers to learn as much as i can before the big day arrives. ;D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: new here
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:31:24 pm »
Welcome!!! The life is great with big paws, LOL!!!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:08:32 pm »
Double welcome!  Glad to see another Pyr Lover here! (Although I do love ALLbig and little paws!) I have a special affinity for the gentle white giants.   :D
I'm Alex, my girl is Naja (She's in my Avatar), and I've got a little boy named Moo (Cairn Terrier).

I hope to see more of you and can't wait to see pics when you find your special pup.   ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:20:17 pm »
Welcome, I've been a pyr mom for 18 years now and I love them!  Our current pack includes Daisy, our 8 y/o Golden/Lab mix (who kinda thinks that she's a golden pyr from living her whole life with our sweet woofy blonds  ;)), Sammy our 5-6 y/o Pyr, and Cassie our 2 y/o Pyr/? mix.  Our Pyr addiction started in 1989 with Cara our first Pyr, she lived to be 12.  Then my Halley, our 2nd Pyr.  We lost her to bone cancer last year and the addiction is continuing on with Sammy & Cassie that we adopted in Feb & March of this year.  ;D  We'll have Pyrs for as long as we can care for them, and as I said in another post this morning...I'm compiling a small wish list of other breeds that I'd love to add to our little pack someday (including one that will like to swim...). I can't wait to hear more about your family and your search for the pyrfect companion.   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline love4pyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:47 pm »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.All of your dogs are beautiful.i love large breeds.18yrs ago i owned a newf and right now own a 7 yr old german shepherd.i will get a pic up later when i figure out how to do it.Talk to you all soon.

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
Welcome to BPO! I'm Caitlin, mom to my crew below. It's great that you want another big paw! I'm new to them, and I don't think I could go back!!! :D I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby once he or she arrives!!!

As for your avatar, there is a link somewhere but I don't remember, so I'll do my best to explain. Go to your profile and click on "Forum Profile Information".  You select "I will upload my own picture" You choose a file from your computer, however it must be 300-400kb or smaller (I can't exactly remember the number). Then click "change profile" at the bottom of the page and voila! You have your avatar :D
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline love4pyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 12:35:55 am »
Thanks for the advice for my avatar.This is my gsd.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 01:03:52 am »
Awww!!  I love him!!!  I want to steal him!!!
He looks SOOO cuddly!  Can't wait to see more of the whole crew!!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 04:05:28 am »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here.

My name is Chris, and although I don't own a pyr, I admire the breed.  My crew consists of Keiko, a 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 06:41:03 am »
Welcome! I am new to this forum and a new Pyr owner myself. I just adopted a 2 yr old Pyr from a rescue group last week and have totally fallen in love with her and the breed. I agree with one of the previous posters, now having a big paws dog, I don't think I could go back. I love my gentle giant, polar bear of a dog!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven