Author Topic: *hygiene question kind of nasty* boy dogs and white discharge??  (Read 11460 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
i guess this is the right place to file this??  i have a question about boy dogs.  it's kind of nasty, but i don't know what it is or if there is anything to be done about it or if it's normal.  i've noticed on axle and peanut a white-ish discharge occasionally on their weiners.  it's not puss, or green or anything, just white stuff.  is this normal??  it doesn't seem to cause any discomfort, and their weiners aren't irritated or anything from what i can tell (no, i'm not going to grab it and shove it in my face like, "hm...  i wonder if that's normal" if that has to be done a vet can do it, since they get paid for it).  it's SUPER gross looking, so i wanted to ask if it was norm, and if anyone else with boy dogs has noticed.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: *hygiene question kind of nasty* boy dogs and white discharge??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:56:27 pm »
are the fixed? if not it might be...you know....that stuff.... you can always take a taste to find out!! lol noooo dont, im just kidding, that was gross...sorry ::)
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 11:06:36 pm »
I remeber Farley had something like that when he was a puppy. If I recall correctly the vet was not too concerned. She said only be concerened if its yellow or green. I think there was a post on a similar topic along time ago.
someone will have the info ;) you need

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:13:22 pm »
most puppies get that though, my pup had it, its called puppy vaginitis in a female, im not sure about a male though. The discharge is most likely smegma, a normal preputial dischage of mucoid glycoproteins and dead epithelial cells.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:15:16 pm »
Rosie had it too...uck

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 11:41:02 pm »
my male dogs , bruiser and chewie , have done that from time to time the vet saw when she was checking them over but didnt say a thing.. sooooooooooooo i take it that's normal and not a cause for concern

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 12:28:29 am »
axle is fixed, peanut isn't yet but will soon be (we haven't had any problems concerning it, and he's never around female dogs and doesn't go outside so we haven't been rushed).  axle's not a puppy, either, he's 4 and peanut will be 1 in november.  it's not any funky colors, and i've noticed it with axle occasionally for as long as i've had him.  thanks for helping me out with figuring out what it is :)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 12:48:29 am »
OK, this may be more than you want to know, but since you asked...Niko had it about 5 years ago when we first brought him home. The vet said it was normal and no big deal, and offered a solution, which he demonstrated for us. He filled a syringe with peroxide (I think, but double check with the vet before you do anything) grabbed a hold of Niko's "junk" and squirted the syringe all up in there to flush it out. To be honest, I was completely grossed out and never ever tried it myself. I just figured I'd leave it alone. Ugh.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 01:17:58 am »
no i think its more of the equivalent of a douche, only on a boy....and a dog.... its a pooche

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 05:48:21 pm »
eweeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee e!  yeah.  i won't be trying that lol  glad to know your vet can safely douche your dog though lol  i think axle and peanut can just take care of that themselves, esp. since i don't let them lick people anyways lol
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 07:33:11 pm »
You asked, so I'll answer.

It's smegma.  It keeps things clean and lubricated and is completely normal.  Wiki it if you feel the need to learn more.  ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 07:58:48 pm »
thanks, i'm super glad to know it's normal and they don't have some sort of weiner infection *gags*
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 08:52:02 pm »
Ok, then. Mystery of the dripping dog penis is solved. Sorry - I can't say "weiner". Even my 19 month old says the proper names for all that. Well, not all that. My husband taught him "nuts". Thanks, hon.  :P
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 10:05:03 pm »
lmao at least your son doesn't watch little einsteins and run up to people and say "where's the bald eagle??" and when they look at him funny he grabs his weiner and runs and stops and holds "binoculars" up and looks into the sky!  nobody taught aiden that though...  that's ALL him!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)