Poll

AREN'T SPINONE'S JUST THE DROOLIEST ?

Yes
1 (11.1%)
No
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: SPINONE OWNERS !  (Read 17440 times)

Offline SPYNONE

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
SPINONE OWNERS !
« on: April 08, 2005, 05:36:28 pm »

I am the proud owner of two spinone's ,  they tend to be very messy drooly dogs - how do you keep them from drooling water for ever and ever?   Do those water spout drinking systems on taps work for drooly dogs better than bowls?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 06:04:43 pm by SPYNONE »

GR8DAME

Re: SPINONE OWNERS !
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:02:51 am »
I have a very drooly great dane and we have found that the delivery system of water to dog doesn't matter. The problem is keeping the water in the dog once it has gotten the the mouth--or great abyss, as we call it! We keep drool hand towels in each room, and have found that the Magic Eraser works miracles on dried drool on walls, ceiling fans and wood furniture. Good luck.
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 08:38:34 am »
Thanks for the magic eraser tip. I'll have to try it since getting dry drool off the walls is one of my most horrendous cleaning chores!  :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 11:03:40 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:32:41 am »
I've found that straight vinegar works the best for atomic drool on windows or mirrors. If streaks develope I follow up with regular Windex. The magic Eraser also works with blood--nothing makes more of a bloody mess than "happy tail" on your walls, ceiling.... Just call me the Martha Stewart of dog drool. Although I have yet to find a more creative use for atomic drool other than glue, of course ;D
Stella

Offline RichieNJim

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 10:19:42 am »
Just lurking here (snuck in from the Komondor owner page) .  We haven't thought of the Magic Eraser trick.  The housekeepers never seem to catch it but after a while, if you don't clean it off, the walls begin to look like they have textured paint on them.  ;)

Actually, we are waiting to paint them anyway.

"There is no need to do any housework at all.  After the first four years, the dirt doesn't get any worse."  Quentin Crisp

Offline SPYNONE

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 11:29:28 am »
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE MAGIC ERASER TIP!   I PURCHASED A STEAMER AND THAT WORKS WELL WITH A MAGIC CLOTH,  IT IS JUST THE IN AND OUT TO THE WATER BOWL THAT GETS ME, AND I DO HAVE TOWELS HANDY BY THE DOOR.   THE JOYS OF BIG DOGS AND THEIR BIG DROOLS !  THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR CLEANING TIPS. :D

Offline bonnieblink

• Gnawer
  • QuietWood Mastiffs
    • View Profile
    • QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and Otterhounds
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 06:37:52 am »
With Mastiffs, Spinoni (one is Spinone, two or more is Spinoni), and one silly Otterhound around the house, our water buckets are OUTSIDE on the back deck.  Gives them a chance to shake the leftover water and slobber off before they come back inside.  We also keep towels handy.
Bonnie Blink
QuietWood Mastiffs, Spinoni Italiani and one silly Otterhound