Author Topic: Our baby blue dobie has pimples  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Seoulgirl34

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Our baby blue dobie has pimples
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:06:35 am »
We have been blessed with two beautiful dobies.  One is a 4yr old black and tan and the other is a 7 month old blue dobie.  We did a lot of research on Blue Dobermans prior to adopting this one and we have noticed that she is living up to the reputation of Blue Dobies! :)  However, we have now noticed that her hair is beginning to thin in spots along her spine and she gets things that look like pimples in all different locations on her body.  Face, legs, back, and esp on her neck.  I don't know whether to pop them or leave them alone.  They don't seem to bother her but sometimes they look like they need to be popped.  Is there something we can do to help cut down on the outbreaks?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:07:13 am by Seoulgirl34 »

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Our baby blue dobie has pimples
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 01:13:16 am »
I don't know anything about skin care or dobies... but it sounds like you have two beautiful dogs. I love the look of them and Blue... Post a picture if you can. This may help a little.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Our baby blue dobie has pimples
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 02:48:35 am »
Jenn had some good ideas.  Another thing to think about is demodactic (sp) mange.  When my moms dobie would have breakouts, they would look like pimples and she would lose her hair.  Hopefully it's not but I would have the vet take a look cause it could be any number of things!!  Good luck with your baby, and as was stated earlier, pics are a must!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix