Author Topic: UTIs, Spaying, Vulvas (what a topic, huh?!?)  (Read 39428 times)

Offline mylahsmommy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: UTIs, Spaying, Vulvas (what a topic, huh?!?)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 08:25:52 pm »
My husky didnt have any type of stringy stuff, but by reading all the other posts, its possible that yours could. Update on Mylah...she had her surgery, lots of stitches, to fix the inverted vulva. its like plastic surgery on a puppy. poor thing had to stay at the vet again last night due to bleeding, but my vet called this morning, she is back to her normal self, my crazy little girl. cant wait to get her home after im done with class tonight!

Offline licountrygirl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: UTIs, Spaying, Vulvas (what a topic, huh?!?)
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 05:05:01 am »
Hi, I am a new member and was directed to this thread via a google search on the subject. I am pretty sure that my American Mastiff puppy has an inverted vulva and am facing the same question as to whether I should wait for her to have a heat to see if it corrects itself.

I spoke with her vet today and he is very strongly advocating spaying her early and before her first heat. He said that if I wait until after her heat, that the chance of her getting incurable breast cancer is 1 in 8. Breast cancer or occassional UTIs? He thinks its a no brainer.

Does anyone have any other experiences with that?

How is the Siberian Husky after her surgery to reconstruct?